Mppdidi

Tips For Enlightenement

4 posts in this topic

Those stuff are nice but the point of enlightenment is to come up with those insights yourself right? 

Just my opinion...

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

Isn't it better to read books about Enlightenment techniques? and how to do them better?

Just my opinion too.

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

Those stuff are nice but the point of enlightenment is to come up with those insights yourself right? 

Just my opinion...

No.  If people could come up with Self Knowledge by themselves, do you not think everybody would be enlightened by now?

This path is not obvious.  And it's not about not knowing who you are.  It's the opposite, it is about understanding, and unless you are Self-Realized, this understanding will never come about through non dual experiences, because the one who is "experiencing" the non dual state is still the ego, a very subtle ego, but ego none the less.