Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sunnyboytoni

I have zero motivation to go to school and pursue my life purpose

8 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I'm new to the forum, I'm 16 years old and I quit my whole music career *invested thousands of dollars in* to pursue my life purpose,  I started  going hard at learning how to learn because leo mentioned that doing so and going to collage was a good way to find my life purpose, however, as time went by, I started to slowly loose the motivation to learn and go to school because it  started  to feel like I was doing it for my parents  and not for me, I was going hard at meditation, but I gradually started to loose motivation to meditate due to school and other responsibilities,  

Am I overworking myself?

I can meditate and I have not much problem getting into the present moment, but when I do I just loose emotions and I basically  forget why I started meditating  in the first place.

In guessing I'm missing a lot of experience to fully understand the true reason behind life purpose  and spirituality, I was doing well at going out and hitting on girls, but as soon as I started working from home during quarantine, I started going crazy and I lost my ground, even though  I learned a lot during this quarantine 

Wonder if you guys can help me out, because clearly I'm missing something before I can pursue this spiritual journey, I lost my passion towards life. Might it be because I lost socializing? I don't know, but I know that my parents are not gonna help me without expecting  something  huge in return, I'm really lost, and I was doing really well before hand. I took my home studio and computer out of my room because  electricity  makes me go insane, but because of this, I can't  do research  or anything online without distractions, as i have to work in my livingroom. I also try to avoid online school because that involves  being in from of a computer  for the whole day with little to no breaks, don't  even know is school is neccessary  or not, but I need some serious  help.

Thank you guys, nice to meet all of you.

Edited by Sunnyboytoni
I was missing a huge piece of background information

Hey! Could you tell us more about your life purpose? :)

Yeah for sure, I'm still trying to figure it out, I used to do music, but I quit because the electronics and equipment  I used made me go insane and I could not be grounded. I'm still trying to figure out what my life purpous is, but I've been struggling to find the motivation to find it. 

I've been trying to get Leo's life purpose course by doing chores at home, but I loose motivation because it is usually under my parent's conditions, so if I'm not doing well in school, they have control over my income and it takes away a lot of my freedom,  I honestly don't know where to  go at this point,

One thing that helps me keep my sanity is grounding/ earthing, but what I am lacking is the motivation and my "why"

I just want to find a reason to keep going, I am struggling  to find the balance between  being wise and following my intuition, but school seems to be always demanding stuff

Maybe if I found a way to be passionate about school I would keep going in it , but I'm not sure if I should master something and see where it goes to find my purpose or keep looking for my purpose.

I get confused sometimes and I end up not taking action on anything,

I'm not sure where to start, purpose, enlightenment, school, knowledge, it's very overwhelming

Edited by Sunnyboytoni
Missing info

16 is too young to give up on school. At least finish high school and get your diploma. If you don't, it might be one of your biggest regrets.

How have you invested thousands of dollars into your current career at 16? Because you own an instrument? Chances are you like music and will continue to use them even if it's not your career? Lots of people would do the same for just a hobby, so don't look at that like a sunk cost in your decision.

I started  going hard at learning how to learn because leo mentioned that doing so and going to collage was a good way to find my life purpose

I'd be curious to see where you got this "college is a good way to find your life purpose" message. I don't remember Leo ever saying something like that.

7 hours ago, Sunnyboytoni said:

I started to slowly loose the motivation to learn and go to school because it  started  to feel like I was doing it for my parents  and not for me

Are we talking about college here or still high school? Finishing high school isn't about your life purpose. It's practically a mandatory step before you can even start working on your life purpose imo. Don't make excuses to be lazy and drop out of school because "life purpose" just because you aren't feeling it.

Am I overworking myself?

My guess is no. Break it down... how many hours per week do you spend in school, studying, working?

You're talking about pursuing your life purpose, but then admit you're still trying to figure it out. The whole message is terribly incoherent. I think once you can afford to take the Life Purpose Course it'll give you a lot of insight. Until then I'm afraid it doesn't even sound like you know what you want, or what you're talking about. This is about your lack of motivation and nothing to do with life purpose. 

My suggestion would be to just be a kid, finish school, and do what's expected of you until you're at least 18.

For sure, thanks for the input man, I was for sure pressuring myself too hard on music to make it big,

Got that advice from his how to find you passion video.

, what would you recommend  I do on the side so I won't completely forget about this route?

Trying to at least build up my passion / purpose even if it's a few minutes a day, I heard  leo say study for knowledge not grades, my guess is that I didn't balance that advice to my situation.

The reason I did music  was mostly  to impress others, but I do enjoy listening to it

Also, do you think learning how to learn would benefit me in the long run?

Once again, thanks for the advice, what really inspired me was Leo's life advice for young people video,

Would love to know your thoughts  on that video. Thanks man !

I'm in high school btw,

I'm really trying to ace life, any advice on acing life would mean a shit ton to me man, thankyou.

Also any advice on having motivation so I can work hard and make the most out of my life, just need a direction on where I can possibly go in life, thank you man.

Also do you think its necicarry  to go to collage?

Should I go really hard at high school or only go for decent grades based on what I'm trying  to accomplish?

I 100% agree that this is a motivation issue, just need a little help getting motivated to go hard and school need have my "why"

Edited by Sunnyboytoni
Missing info

I would approach your search for your life purpose as an add-on to your regular life, not a replacement to it. So you still go to high school and do all the stuff normal kids your age do. But then you add a search for life purpose, meditation, self-actualization on top of that. I think finding a few minutes a day like you said would be a good way to do it.

"Knowledge not grades" is true to an extent. But in high school, really the knowledge you get is trivial. You just want to make sure you're getting good enough grades to get into the university program that you want afterward.

"Knowledge not grades" works great if you plan to start your own business. Then all you need is the knowledge. But if you're working within the system then you need grades for post-secondary education, and on your resume for potential employers. So don't write off good grades entirely yet.

Learning how to learn is good, but I don't think you need to obsess over it for weeks or months. A couple things like Leo's "how to study" video will get you most of the way there.

Remember you're still 16 and keep things in perspective. Don't feel like you need to have it all figured out by your next birthday. Just the fact that you're thinking about things like life purpose already puts you lightyears ahead of most people your age. If you can really nail down your life purpose by 20 you'll still be doing amazing.

Before you can ace life, you really need to explore what life is. Just try to experience a lot of stuff and get a well-rounded experience. Then you can really focus down and pinpoint one purpose to go after.

I really do think the Life Purpose Course is going to answer so many of your questions. Personally I've gone through it 3x so far, I plan to re-do it every December going forward. But I understand as a 16 year old it's hard to get $250 to spend on it. In the meantime you  might consider Jordan Peterson's Future Authoring program though: https://www.selfauthoring.com/future-authoring For $15 I feel like it gives a nice condensed idea of some of the big parts of the Life Purpose Course. It'll help you figure out what you want to learn about, things you could do better, what habits you want to improve, what you want your social life and other aspects of your life to look like. It'll help you figure out the ideal future you want to move toward, as well as the future you want to avoid. I don't have any affiliation with them, just aside from Leo's course it's probably the next most helpful one I've done.

Bro this is absolute gold, I lowkey lost myself in a lot of advice, but I'm starting to see confusion is part of the process, thanks man you really helped me bigtime, I only  need like  60$ more for Leo's life purpose  course.

This forum is phenomenal.

Trying to adjust  to the whole online school thing, being on a computer for 7 hours straight can really kill my brain health lmao.

Grounding mats help 

What do you do to keep your mental state in tact while working near  electronics producing  high amounts of EMF?

Also, wonder how often I should keep in touch with Leo's content, thank you man

Sorry about all the questions, this is really helpful.

Edited by Sunnyboytoni

Do not worry! Being overworked is an everyday learning process. At one time, I had to write a dentistry personal statement , and at that moment, I also felt overworked and overwhelmed. Fortunately, there are special services nowadays that can help with writing personal statements in short days. One of these services saved me from failure, and I entered the university of my dreams.

Edited by LilyDI