preventingdiabetes

Unconditional Happiness

4 posts in this topic

I'm having a lot of trouble understanding this video: You're Not Happy Because You Don't Really Want To Be

After watching this video I felt completely demotivated in pursuing my passion, working on my purpose, making a career from my Zone of Genius, etc. 

Because if I can always be happy regardless of whatever happens, what's the point of doing anything? 

I'm not being accusatory, just curious, but doesn't this video contradict a lot of things that are taught here? 

On 2020/9/6 at 9:17 PM, preventingdiabetes said:

Because if I can always be happy regardless of whatever happens, what's the point of doing anything? 

The purpose of life is not to be happy. Otherwise this website would be called happiness.org, not actualized.org, right?

Live an actualized life, and you'll be truly happy. If you settle for happiness, it wears out pretty quickly.

We create because we want to create. We challenge ourselves because we want to challenge ourselves. We seek improvement because we want to seek improvement. Not for happiness. Not for looking good. Not for being rewarded.

Unconditional happiness means seeing any situation as an opportunity for growth rather than to fight against or settle for. You can be happy in any situation. But that doesn't mean you want to stay there and stop growing.

I recommend Leo's video: What Is the Point of Life? He has his explanation in it your question. It could be mind-racking but it's definitely worth the while.

So unconditional happiness doesn't mean that we'll still live an actualized life if we stop seeking growth, right? 

On 9/6/2020 at 3:17 PM, preventingdiabetes said:

Don't bullshit yourself here, it's crucial to realize you haven't yet arrived at Happiness with capital H nor you're able to define how it looks, feels, behaves other than in the back of your mind. Yes, a Life Purpose is insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but don't forget it's inseparably tied with LOVE.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:38 AM, susanyzm said:

Unconditional happiness means seeing any situation as an opportunity for growth rather than to fight against or settle for.

Don't conflate happiness with Happiness. Those are some good basic self-help advices by @susanyzm, but this work goes much, much, much more deeper. Like going back to Ancient Greece, grabbing a fucking fruit bowl and running with it home. And even then it goes much, much more deeper. I found it becomes intense. A life purpose literally reflects your soul, it's so authentic beyond denial.

Edited by SirVladimir