Ali T

exhaling large amount of air suddenly while meditating

3 posts in this topic

when i meditate, and go from stressful state to more relaxing state, usually i exhale large amount of air suddenly that seems like i will throw up.

so i want to ask if this is normal, and why it happens.

Don't worry about it, just be aware.

Newbies have the tendency to attach too much to the CONTENT of the meditation (how you feel, what you're thinking).

Remember, that it doesn't matter how you're feeling or why, the ONLY THING THAT MATTERS IS THAT YOU ARE AWARE THAT YOU ARE FEELING IT.

Focus on being aware of the content, not on the content itself.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

3 hours ago, Ali T said:

when i meditate, and go from stressful state to more relaxing state, usually i exhale large amount of air suddenly that seems like i will throw up.

so i want to ask if this is normal, and why it happens.

The same thing happens even to me. For me it is somewhat like burping. It seems like some kind of purging. It started to fade away a bit for me.

Other thing that happens to me is , during the deep meditation when so much relaxation or even when I concentrate more on a particular object or sound, my breath starts to fall down quickly. Out-Breath tries to dominate more than the In-Breath as if the whole breathing process is trying to shutdown completely. It is actually a bit of a struggle. I have gone through a few cycles of such struggles and during each cycle my chest tightens up and then relaxes and then I feel my chest area being cleared up and becoming free and relaxed permanently. I don't feel this relaxation all the time. But, during meditation the relaxation is felt and it is of same level during the previous attained state. The relaxation facilitates a kind of looseness with in the whole system, physical as well as subtle. . I think because of such looseness/porousness, more of the prana(subtle invisible air / life force) inside the body through the Out-Breath will try to go out and merge with the prana of the universe outside. In the book "The Autobiography of a Yogi" by paramahamsa Yogananda, he described his mystical experience that when his master touched him; he felt like all the air inside him is sucked out of his body, and with it his consciousness merged with cosmic consciousness, perceiving everything without the use of the bodily senses.

Edited by PopoyeSailor