Blightlantern

Macron in the middle east

3 posts in this topic

Are macron's recent actions in the middle east (Lebanon) a step (of 1st world countries) to help 3rd countries without wanting profit or gain, or is it history repeating itself? Or in other words, at what level of consciousness are macron's actions in middle east(Lebanon)?

Don't underestimate the French drive to maintain some semblance of global relevancy. They've basically subjugated much of French-speaking Africa under debt slavery just so they can say they have some degree of cultural and political influence around the world, the same way the Americans or Brits do, lol.

I imagine that when Macron heard the news that a former colony was in dire straights, the opportunity to try and make it seem like France has international clout by assisting them was all too appealing to the President.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

I think everyone is scrambling for Lebanon because it is a strategic location... everyone is tryna get something out of it... France, China, Russia. That said, I think that they are far less corrupt than the actual Lebanese government.