Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SpaceLaika01

Flames Burn Faster When I am Angry and Upset

5 posts in this topic

I've noticed something strange recently.

When I am angry I usually like to take a piece of paper or towel and burn it with a match. Watching the fire helps to quell some kind of thirst for destruction inside me.

Last night every piece of paper that I burned burned up in the span of 5 seconds or less. The fire is intense every time and the the paper burns into embers almost instantaneously. I used the same method almost every time. With a match, starting from the corner.

This morning I woke up feeling fine and calmed. I tried doing the same thing and it took something like 10-20 seconds or more for each piece of paper. The flames were noticeably less intense.

I wonder if there's more to this. That flames are somehow influenced by one's mental state. But to be sure I'm probably going to need to do some more experiments under stable conditions. Then there's the issue of figuring out how to control my mental state and what exactly changes.

If some of you are willing or if you're just bored, maybe try burning some things and see how they burn. See how quickly or slowly they burn. Observe your mental state. Maybe next time you've got some pent up frustrations or anger, burn some things at the sink and observe. Maybe there's nothing to it, but give it a shot and tell me what you observe.

1 hour ago, SpaceLaika01 said:

Maybe next time you've got some pent up frustrations or anger, burn some things at the sink and observe. Maybe there's nothing to it, but give it a shot and tell me what you observe.

Burning the world in order to feel better is not the best idea. 

I think rather than physical fire, you need to burn a metaphorical one. 

Give it a shot! 

@JosephKnecht Now how would one go about burning a metaphorical fire? I guess playing guitar intensely or listening to intense music or dancing intensely comes to mind for me.

2 hours ago, SpaceLaika01 said:

@JosephKnecht Now how would one go about burning a metaphorical fire? I guess playing guitar intensely or listening to intense music or dancing intensely comes to mind for me.

Rather than seeing the fire burning outside yourself, you must see the fire burning inside yourself. 

The fire on the outside is easy to see, but the one on the inside can't be seen with your eyes. You must feel it with your presence.