Klaudia

Feeling alienated from society

5 posts in this topic

I thought it would be useful to talk about how we can continue our life after being familiarized with spiral dynamics and Cook-Greuter’s research, when everything starts to make sense in the world. I am wondering if you feel miss-understood and alienated by your surroundings - just as I do. 
There is not even one individual I know who would be open for topics like that. So during discussions I always have a feeling that if the person does not go trough a longer search for truth and does not have the inner craving for personal development they have no chance to understand what I am talking about. When I communicate my opinion two things happen: either they become defensive or they think I am talking nonsense. 
The gap just grows between myself, my family and friends and I feel rather helpless. This knowledge is so important but I knock on closed doors when I try to communicate it. Most of the times to save our relationships I just pretend I agree with their “unsolvable  problems” as I notice they do not understand what I am pointing at and they are unable to see the situations from a higher perspective. It feels so fake and wrong, but I am not ready to loose everyone around me yet. 

Do you have any suggestions? How are you able to help society to develop if they strongly believe they do not need any development? 

Sorry about my grammar, English is not my mother language.

I am experiencing the same issue in my life right now. I have some friends who are drowning in their own self induced misery & when I try to help them by conveying some truths to them, they get very hostile & aggressive. Someone told me in another post that "Helping people closest to you is a counter-intuitive thing, you help them when you love them as they are." This has been hard for me to accept because I have dealt with the same issues as my friends & have been able to overcome them just by acknowledging these truths, but I've also had to learn that people are not ready to stop suffering until they are damn good & ready. A lot of people do not want real solutions to their issues, they just want to bask in their misery. 

As for your feeling of disconnect from society, I also feel the same way. However I run a small Instagram dedicated to my fitness journey & have started posting some enlightenment/self actualization content & people have been responding quite positively to it & I've been able to get through to some people & encourage them to start their own journey. Sometimes you just need to throw stuff out there & you never know who is going to resonate with it. I've been able to find others who are on the same self actualization journey as me just by making a few posts on Instagram & including some hashtags. Sometimes it helps to actively try to broaden your circle. Trust me you are not the only one feeling this alienation. 

Thank you for your comments creator20, it feels good I am not the only one. I like the way you think. 

It truly feels like people can't or do not want to see beyond their little selves.

And I really do not want to seem arrogant, because I am quite sure I have my own biases. Probably this journey does not have an end. Our stage of development can be expressed only by the position where we are compared to the majority of people. This whole thing is pretty amazing, and it is hard to understand why people don't find self-development fascinating.

You made a good point by saying we have to love them the way they are. It is hard, but if we claim we know better, we should really be able to do so.

Maybe with our way of life we can encourage them to open up for something more. Or maybe not. 

Would you allow me to take a look at your Instagram?

One more thing just popped in my mind. How can we even know that we are the ones who are the closest to Truth? Religious groups think that they figured it all out. I used to feel that I figured it out when I was at the stage of "worshipping science". Every stage thinks they know the truth.

What if the leaders of religious groups have their own developmental scale which evaluates people? :ph34r: