NorthNow

How to connect with god?

4 posts in this topic

I truly understand and feel the world as part of myself. I can feel myself as a function of the world. I can feel the fallibility of my identity.

But I find myself not truly understanding the true nature of god and the action of consciousness. I would like to fully comprehend reincarnation and how the observation of life works, I fully accept that these are simply concepts that I have preconceived notions about and I want to shed these ideas and form an understanding and acceptance of reality. 

I have done psychedelics and have had very deep ego death experiences, but I've never felt "intelligence". I have only experienced a motion of nature. 

If you don't see any intelligence in the "motion of nature", then maybe make a list of events in your personal life that had an impact on how your life and your own development unfolded. Things like where you went to school, moving to a different towns, death of loved ones, breaking up or getting dumped, reading a particular book, finding a website or youtube video, significant conversations, etc. and most of all, how each thing affected you inwardly and how that changed things for you or led you to the next thing or pushed you into some decision, etc.

Can you see how each thing on that list was necessary to make the next thing possible? Can you see how all of it contributed to get you exactly where you are right now?

Who did that?

Or is it all coincidence? Confirmation bias? Wishful thinking?

Was society really designed by humans? Are ape societies designed by apes? What about ant colonies? What about the cells in your body?

No intelligence? ? 

Edited by Johnny5

@NorthNow

Spend an hour first thing every morning sitting up straight, with attention on breathing from the stomach. The mind will quiet to silence, and for having allowed the activity of mind to settle, you will ‘hear’ God. All day everyday, awareness of seeing, hearing, breathing (stomach) and feeling. No activity of the body or mind will do, only undoing & non-doing will do. The intelligence just through that silence is the very same intelligence of nature. 

Also, do one or two or twenty things everyday just because love. Begin to notice the difference between motivation & motives of your character, and being in spirit or inspiration. Notice the effortlessness of the “doing” of the loving acts, be as aware as possible of the feeling of it. 

Get to know that ‘silent space’ and that inspirational effortlessness so well that the presence no longer appears to come and go. It will be seen clearly that all else is coming & going, apparently. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE