Itsokimok

Best enlightenment resources for my level?

26 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, Itsokimok said:

@VeganAwake Jim Newman's approach sounds really different from, say, that of Rupert Spira. In another video, I heard him say that What Is doesn't need awareness or consciousness to be whereas Rupert says awareness is the only reality there is. Also do you know what Jim means about the "individual" being an "experience" that hides What Is? Why is there this experience?

Yes he's talking about how the experience of being a separate individual creates an illusory self-centered agenda placed over the top of reality.

There actually aren't any separate individuals that are conscious and aware which is usually the misunderstanding and mostly why I believe Jim doesn't prefer using those words.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

33 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes he's talking about how the experience of being a separate individual creates an illusory self-centered agenda placed over the top of reality.

There actually aren't any separate individuals that are conscious and aware which is usually the misunderstanding and mostly why I believe Jim doesn't prefer using those words.

Ok so there is What Is/Reality, which includes everything including this experience of being a separate, conscious individual. So there is What Is, which is infinite and so therefore it includes the experience of awareness and separate individuals ?  

According to Rupert, you can get become conscious of infinity by directing your awareness to its source away from the contents of awareness and see that it's infinite awareness. But for Jim, there is no awareness. There is just What Is. Do you know how Jim got enlightened? I'm confused as to how he arrived at this conclusion of What Is.

14 minutes ago, Itsokimok said:

Ok so there is What Is/Reality, which includes everything including this experience of being a separate, conscious individual. So there is What Is, which is infinite and so therefore it includes the experience of awareness and separate individuals ?  

According to Rupert, you can get become conscious of infinity by directing your awareness to its source away from the contents of awareness and see that it's infinite awareness. But for Jim, there is no awareness. There is just What Is. Do you know how Jim got enlightened? I'm confused as to how he arrived at this conclusion of What Is.

That's a pretty good way of putting it ?

It points to the one that's aware or conscious isn't real.

Awakening occurs when the sense of 'self' collapses or dies and simultaneously revealing it never existed making awakening or enlightenment a fictitious event.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

21 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

That's a pretty good way of putting it ?

It points to the one that's aware or conscious isn't real.

Awakening occurs when the sense of 'self' collapses or dies and simultaneously revealing it never existed making awakening or enlightenment a fictitious event.

Thanks! Are different teachers really pointing to the same thing ultimately even though there are variations and disagreements among their teachings?

2 hours ago, Itsokimok said:

Thanks! Are different teachers really pointing to the same thing ultimately even though there are variations and disagreements among their teachings?

Your welcome!

It would seem so but it's pretty interesting just how different the messages can be from teacher to teacher.

If the end result is Freedom, it's as good as it gets ❤

My Opinion:

From what I have seen and understood. Not all enlightened have same experiences of enlightenment. Some may experience absolute absence profoundly, some experience absolute presence with everything being one. Some experience both. Some never experience Prema(Unconditional Love) aspect of it(Best example U.G.Krishnamurthi - In one of his videos denied love as an aspect of enlightenment).  Some may not get any special insights(What people call as spontaneous knowledge downloads). We hear stories of yogis, saints and sages who although preach non-duality, have lived through many lives through eons of time through multiple various realities.  Yet, Most of the Non-Dualers in recent times having never experienced any of the infinitude of most wonderful creations in this (un)reality, seem to commit permanent suicide of merging into Brahman.

Non-Dual realization when attained prematurely without proper mental preparation and without equal knowledge of both duality and non-duality, will make one talk like a robot with no feelings, rejecting duality like a plague.

Who knows, may be after realising non-duality, one can also learn how to bring ego back again willfully, going in and out of duality with full control. Thus by extending the karmic cycle and experiencing myriad of experiences in various realms in various times, with very little suffering. Why give up individuality?

I know there isn't any self to do the willing, but isn't that the same kind of impossibility for a ego self to realize and understand non-duality and yet the non-dual states are achieved(Impossible is attained). Similarly there may be a way to achieve dual-egoic identification once again from non-dual states as well. Who knows, in an imaginary dream reality anything should be possible, for Brahman has no restrictions.

Edited by PopoyeSailor