robinmk4l

is there a correlation between spiral dynamics and happiness?

2 posts in this topic

I am wondering whether there is any clear relationship between where ur at in the spiral and the level of happiness. I am thinking it should be logically, the higher the stage = more conscious = happier but when i think about it, it doesnt seem to be true necesarilly. It seems like mental disorders such as depression, stress, anxiety etc are much more prevalent in stage orange and green. Things like anxiety and depression seem to be almost non existing in stage purple and red because your so busy with day to day survival and when i picture a sort of stereotypical stage blue person like a hardcore christian with traditional family values etc i picture a person that is pretty content, at peace and living a meaningful life (to them) 

feels almost to me like when you reach the higher stages of spiral dynamics is when you start developing neurosis, anxiety, depression, existential crisis etc.

What do you guys think?

I think as a general trend, people higher up on the spiral will be more happy and fulfilled. 

Higher spiral stages have a greater sense of care, compassion, and a broader perspective of reality; which is not possible unless you meet certain survival needs.

orange = career and livelihood 

green = community, self esteem, love and acceptance

yellow = self actualization/ being needs

turquoise = self transcendence

More needs met = less dysfunction and more fulfillment.

= More perspective = better ability to thrive in a conscious way in reality

Dysfunctions, neuroses, and mental disorders can happen at any stage of the spiral