Guest username

Is There A Highest Attainable Level Of Awareness

9 posts in this topic

Is there such a thing as complete enlightenment? If not, do I just become more and more aware indefinitely?

From the article, "Family Matters- Sadhguru Speaks About His Family"

For some reason we could not complete the consecration at that time. So on that full moon day, she sat with a group of people, meditating. Eight minutes later, she left, without any effort and with a big smile on her face. She was at the peak of her health, just thirty-three years of age. It is not easy to leave like this without causing any damage to the body. Just walking out of your body like you drop your clothes and go is not an ordinary thing. When a person has reached that point in his life when he feels everything that he needs is fulfilled, and there is nothing more to see in his life, he drops his body, willfully. If there is any struggle or injury, it means suicide. When there is no struggle, when somebody just walks out like he walks out of a room, that’s Mahasamadhi.

Once a person leaves like this, that person is no more. When somebody dies, you say they are no more, but that’s not true. They are “no more” the way you know them, that’s all. But once a person leaves in full awareness, shedding the body without causing any injury or damage to the body, that person is truly no more. That person doesn’t exist as a being anymore. They have just melted away, the game is up, completely.

For all spiritual seekers, Mahasamadhi is the ultimate goal – the very culmination of their sadhana to dissolve into Divinity.

@Will Bigger that's some freaky stuff..  There's a YouTube video of a gentleman doing it/dying.. Forget that I don't care for this stuff anymore.. Thanks for sharing.. I'll never meditate again..  @Leo Gura know what you're getting yourself into.. 

Edited by Atom
Hugs

@username I've wondered the same thing. I don't really see why there'd be a maximum capacity for awareness, but I don't know. 

@Atom Why are you going to stop meditating?  

sort of.. in zen it is riding the ox backwards. In more general buddism it is arhatship (waaay more ambitious). I recomend you check it out, the four stages of enlightenment, super cool stuff

43 minutes ago, Atom said:

@Will Bigger that's some freaky stuff..  There's a YouTube video of a gentleman doing it/dying.. 

care to share that little vid?

"I gently pushed my hand into my pocket and pulled the last one out, it trembled at first and clung to my hand. "Go on, it will be ok," I whispered. Encouraged, it flexed its wings and I knew the time was right. It flew up towards the blue, blue sky and I looked proudly as it's made its way to freedom. The last of my fucks was finally given."

Oops sorry forgot to sign out

@Travis @InsidesOut/lorenzo Here's a Google Search for Mahasamadhi.. The first video is the one I watched.. Even though you can't tell the second everything happens the whole atmosphere of the video is just freaky.. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Mahasamadhi&client=ms-android-verizon&prmd=vnsi&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiuyffhzKnOAhXMth4KHWj2AOYQ_AUIBygB&biw=360&bih=55

@Infinite Because I'm ignorant on the subject and to what is going on.. I don't want to inadvertently do something that I don't really want to do.. Like die.. I may be a rookie to any form of traditional meditation and the lingo that goes along with it but I've lived in my mind my whole life.. I've lived 100 lifetimes in my head in a sense.. Just about everytime I do something I foresee it in my head first.. The down side is you either already know the outcome and you want to try something else with more possibilities or you abandon the idea/job/career all together because you see it goes nowhere you're interested in going.. 

P. S. I have good intentions I don't mean to be a ass  to Leo.. I could tell you a story but I won't.. I'll just say it's no coincidence I'm here

✌goodnight 

Edited by Atom

@Atom The probability of you reaching Mahasamadhi is probably twice as low as reaching Enlightenment, but you're going to stop meditating out of the fear of it happening? You cannot "inadvertently" get to Mahasamadhi. If you stop meditating because you're afraid that you're going to accidentally kill your body, you have nothing to worry about because that's literally never going to happen. The only thing that will die, is the self that is afraid of dying. 

Edited by Infinite

12 hours ago, Infinite said:

@Atom The probability of you reaching Mahasamadhi is probably twice as low as reaching Enlightenment, but you're going to stop meditating out of the fear of it happening? You cannot "inadvertently" get to Mahasamadhi. If you stop meditating because you're afraid that you're going to accidentally kill your body, you have nothing to worry about because that's literally never going to happen. The only thing that will die, is the self that is afraid of dying

I don't know about probability.. I think I could have ascended months ago just lying in bed if I kept the course.. What's the difference in the two? I have no idea and that's why I need to do more research and find someone that really knows due to experience not just speculation.. I'll tell you I can sit and watch TV and the kundalini is there just out of focus moving back and forth through the field of view around the TV.. And I'm just sitting there watching TV not meditating in some posture doing anything special.. it's been that way for a long time I use to think it was due to poor blood flow before I started educating myself on meditation.. 

Take care good luck to you

Edited by Atom