Kick

Best way to donate/invest/spend money

3 posts in this topic

Hey everybody,

What do you think is the most effective place to donate/invest/spend money for a better world?

I already pledge Leo Gura and Sam Harris because i think their content should reach more people.

Beside that I think it's important to choose a bank that exclusively lends your money to businesses that do good in the world, like Triodos Bank. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triodos_Bank)

I also try buy my groceries etc. from brands that support fair trade, sustainability, etc.

Can you guys give me new insights on how to better donate/invest/spend my money?

(I think the topic of money doesn't get the attention it deserves, since money does create a lot of change.)

Edit: this podcast gave me some insights about altruism/donating:

Edited by Kick

Most investment apps or whatever bank you're with should have an option for a green/ethical mutual fund or TFSA. If you don't want to think about it too much throwing it some money every month to save it and make some interest.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I donated about 10% of my 10 weeks of unemployment money to Andrew Yang. He gets it man. His non-profit MoveHumanityForward is focused on running pilot programs to study the effects of Universal Basic Income (UBI) and electing down-ballot candidates who support his revolutionary ideas.

If you are interested, check out his podcast YangSpeaks.com or simply read his twitter feed. He is so in touch with ordinary Americans.

And my other answer is to invest it in yourself. Do a solo meditation retreat or something.

"Yes is the answer... And you know that! Fasho!

Yes is surrender! You gotta let it... you gotta let it GO!" - John Lennon, Mind Games