soos_mite_ah

Shadows and Sexuality

2 posts in this topic

Can a lot of aspects of one's sexuality be rooted one's shadow? Like you aren't in a position to really express a part of yourself during your everyday life, it just comes out in the way you express yourself sexually. I kind of started thinking about this after I saw this video. 

From what i got from it, people who are more submissive in real life are more likely to be dominants in bed to embrace that part of themselves while people who are more dominant/ assertive in real life are more likely find freedom in submitting sexually.  I wonder if this can be true for other kinks as well outside of BDSM and how they may be a manifestation of  a shadow in our day to day lives. Can exploring one's sexuality become a way of identifying shadows for shadow work? What do yall think?

I have faith in the person I am becoming xD

https://www.theupwardspiral.blog/

To the bottom of it, shadows are your subconscious mind generating thoughts which your conscious self wants to reject, so they are in a tug of war. A good thing to do in such a scenario, is to resolve the shadow, see for what it is. For that we have to note it down, explore our subconscious, and then try to be aware of our assumption and beliefs, and try to find the truth of them, in the root of it is just thoughts, better when they are a good map to reality. 

Yea, there is a large part of manifestations of shadow occurring in sexuality, as in that territory we are fully ourselves, but not only that shadow manifests whenever wherever it's allowed. So there is a connection but just that.