Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

How to you over come the sense that things are ‘impossible my to do

13 posts in this topic

My mind likes to create illusions that things are impossible to do. What do you folks do to re-establish a clear and positive mindset?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I love the day I do go for walk outside and talk to everyone who can smile back at me. 

I guess you are now over-thinking of how to do this as step one as this, and step two as that, etc.

Have you recalled back to just listen to that thought (not to debate to that), just listen to it? Pragmatically, you can do nothing, lay down for how-many-hour-you-think-you-need, and listen to it or at least let that thinking flowing through. Do nothing. 

You are young, I am even younger than you.

But here is a thing: why you want to impact the world? 

-> You love yourself. That is not the romantic love sentence as you are in a Courtroom. You love yourself to do this process. You love yourself to be a little bit ‘not serious’ to sometimes joking around like ‘Here was difficult. Oops how it is going? And I don’t know’. And when that comes up, do you still keep doing or going outside and walking around. You love yourself as the same who are even being a so-called ‘mediocre’ as you don’t want to be. Willing you to talk about something or ask him or her what he or she is doing? And can you realize he or she has been a genius as well?

”A day is long and a year is short” 

What you love is needed to love the day. The love for even getting yourself to have a ‘depressed’ and because of that depression, can you please your mental health more than what-you-did-mention-as-following-your-heart? 

And the most powerful insight that how I need to keep myself following my bliss more is the Life Purpose is just as the way to keep yourself to live with love to contribute positively to this Experience and not to ‘how-to-be-a-genius’ or ‘read-1000+-books’, and ultimately you are living with love. The love of Life Purpose is so powerful but you are taking it as the whole world, sometimes it is but it is nothing when you have lists of techniques to do this stuff like ‘in the morning, I will have 3 cycles of deep work. And later maybe, I have 4 hours of pomodoros, and in the evening, I will speedread up to be Lenin’s style of that’. Hell no, is it that how-to? 

I still there is a ton of things that you are facing and I do too. But ask yourself, if you are even living somewhere else like SEA, willing you to do it or blame that country is not suitable for your so-called ‘Life Purpose’? 

Look around, you are having a lot of advantages than someone living in SEA like me. ?

Nothing will change even that dream not being able to achieve but your love of this Experience. 

Don’t tell me because I am living in SEA and it’s as so-called counter-intuitive as ‘That is the disadvantage as the most motivating you as the real motivation’. ?!. I did wish.

Edited by danniviemaria

4 hours ago, Thought Art said:

My mind likes to create illusions that things are impossible to do. What do you folks do to re-establish a clear and positive mindset?

First of all, you're in a good position because you've done the first step, which is realizing it's the illusion. 

Realize , that you have no mind that's different from Einstein's , Bill gates, Barack Obama, Eminem,Prostitute,Homeless , Whatever. The mind is a powerful thing, it's able to knock you down your whole life, or let you invent something great, which are both powerful outcome. 

Play with your illusion, to add more to the self.. Have a happier life, love yourself,chase your ideals, and hopefully have the life you always wished for.(This is what I do mostly).. So what can you do ? Visualize the impossible and make it possible, affirmations,etc.. etc.. Visualizations got me far in life to be honest with you. I don't know where I would be in life without it.

I feel like the mind is like child, that you gotta teach him to behave accordingly. And when you don't teach your child on how to behave, it acts incredibly random regarding to the circumstances. You shouldn't blame him when that happen. Set a time each day for like 30 minutes, and do conscious visualization. 

Edited by Nick_98

19 minutes ago, Nick_98 said:

Specially when I read things like "Knowing the truth won't change anything, it's just knowing the truth" 

Nothing will change but it changes everything. Hope you give it a try. 

2 minutes ago, danniviemaria said:

Nothing will change but it changes everything. Hope you give it a try. 

I've been having a lot of discouragement lately. Specially , because things are going well. So I be like.."What I'm doing this for"? . Then I read statements like "You're wasting your time if you are not using psychedelics.".. 

Hell no, I have never used psychas... Just meditation and Wim Hof’s breathwork only. And to read supa slowly to contemplate each sentences. I have just been ‘ahhaa’ a lot by reading a book. And feel free to this world. But actually, I did have an awakening. But it is a good thing to you to know that you don’t even need psychedelics as well. I will do somes but not now because I am still very young as well.

Edited by danniviemaria

22 minutes ago, danniviemaria said:

Hell no, I have never used psychas... Just meditation and Wim Hof’s breathwork only. And to read supa slowly to contemplate each sentences. I have just been ‘ahhaa’ a lot by reading a book. And feel free to this world. But actually, I did have an awakening. But it is a good thing to you to know that you don’t even need psychedelics as well. I will do somes but not now because I am still very young as well.

I'm 21, I would be surprised if you're younger. I wouldn't say I meditate or do breath work, I just contemplate for the sake of awakening. But, I don't have a place to do that without distractions. That's why I'm always On and Off consciousness work.

Of course, Leo’s videos are awesome but sometimes there is too outlandish and to contemplate it as well as practice more but anyway I don’t want to pursuing the truth as taking it as ideology as I did fall into that trap for a long time. 

Oops, you replied when I am writing this. Love is the most center of this work. Even you are looking at the sky with all gratitude ?.  Is it not consciousness work?

Edited by danniviemaria

5 minutes ago, danniviemaria said:

Of course, Leo’s videos are awesome but sometimes there is too outlandish and to contemplate it as well as practice more but anyway I don’t want to pursuing the truth as taking it as ideology as I did fall into that trap for a long time. 

Oops, you replied when I am writing this. Love is the most center of this work. Even you are looking the sky with all gratitude ?.  Is it not consciousness work?

Yeah , for sure. Chasing Ideologies is a big trap. It's always helpful to remind yourself that truth doesn't exist in your mind answers,thoughts , images. 

Well, I don't know about that really. They say that.

I will tell you a secret that you are even going mad about. It’s now. If it is not now, where is it around. Okay, hope this thread is going to help @Thought Art more than just this conversation as distraction as well..

@Nick_98 Thanks Nic, 

im doing the work here on myself, the forum is one way I am working through this low. I’ve already done so much amazing stuff in my life and I will continue to. But, I’m feeling confused and lost right now. And even having some suicidal thoughts (I was deeeeeeeeeeply depressed a few years ago, I get the flashbacks now and then)

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Thought Art said:

@Nick_98 Thanks Nic, 

im doing the work here on myself, the forum is one way I am working through this low. I’ve already done so much amazing stuff in my life and I will continue to. But, I’m feeling confused and lost right now. And even having some suicidal thoughts (I was deeeeeeeeeeply depressed a few years ago, I get the flashbacks now and then)

Who doesn't feel confused and lost ? Specially during that phase of lock down/pandemic that we were in. Almost most of the people I know are praying to god one way or another because of how lost and confused they feel. It's normal. Everybody has this. Many many people have suicidal thoughts. That is normal as well. Thoughts are just thoughts, they come and go. Whenever you notice a suicidal thought say to yourself the word "Impermeable", this is a strong reminder that no thought /feeling stay with you forever, it comes, and goes. If you watched a thought deliberately you will realise it has a point it starts and point where it ends "where the f** did it go ?":D  .. Intense Visualization will do the trick. Give yourself a reason to believe in it. Notice that when you don't believe in that trick, it comes from the same Bias illusion that make you believe in it. So what is the reason to stick in not believing in visualizations ? THAT IN ITSELF IS A BELIEF THAT IT DOESN'T WORK. So believe in it, and it's going to do the trick, it will change your life. I had days when thoughts are like this  "I'm dumb, Wtf I'm doing,I hate my life..etc" , and days where my thoughts are like this " I love myself so much, My life is so amazing, Omg I'm living my dream life". So who am I Really? , am I the one from that day or this day, in fact I'm neither. This could open the possibility for awakening, but requires much work and consistency. But for now.. let you focus on visualizations/ affirmations. Jason stephenson Channel on youtube is a really good one, It changed millions of lives if you have trouble getting started. Give this child (mind) a little training. Leave it with no training one day and see how it acts different to what you wanted (which of course are positive thoughts). Completely normal. 

Edited by Nick_98

Sometimes I, especially when I’m low I just sprawl out. Not ashamed of feeling low, lost or confused. Once I make it through this, just gets me closer to being my greatest version. Thanks everyone for your insights. 

◭"89"