Josh2

Meditation Posture Too Comfortable ...

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I was thinking about if a meditation posture can be too comfortable ... I mean Leo said that he does mediation sitting on his couch right? But doesn't it slow you down from getting faster results...or does it even out - Idk. I would like to know what you think, your past experiences and tips please - thanks ! :) 

P.s meditators use Zazen positions for a reason ... Which aren't all to comfortable 

Edited by Nicolas

You just want to avoid falling asleep, however you sit is fine. 

On 29.7.2016 at 9:04 PM, Nicolas said:

Hi! I was thinking about if a meditation posture can be too comfortable ...

I think about that a lot myself. I sit in a very formal zazen  posture on a Japanese cushion with some formal Zen clothes (uhh yeah I got some merchandise over the last year :D) in the Burmese posture. After sitting like this for over a year and not moving at all it got kind of comfortable but it is really dependent on how I feel on the inside.

Like when I am mixed up and shit I'll have some urges here and there to reposition myself - what I don't do most of the time - and if I'm really in flow it feels like I'm melting with the floor.

Basically you wanna take a good posture - I can really recommend the zazen one - that keeps you straight and relaxed at the same time, so you stay wide awake and don't harm your body and the rest really comes and goes as it wants. You'll develop however a "don't give a shitness" - :P - over the time whether you have some pains or not.

That's pretty cool. :ph34r::o

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.