Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epikur

Global Emotions: Which countries are the most happy ?

6 posts in this topic

Global Emotions: Which countries are the most happy, sad or angry?

Paraguay, the little South American country with the chilled-out reputation, ranked highest worldwide for Positive Experiences, and has held this position since 2015.

Says the Gallup report, "As they do year after year, Latin American countries dominated the list of countries in 2018 where adults reported feeling a lot of positive emotions each day. The high percentages reporting positive experiences in Latin America at least partly reflect the cultural tendency in the region to focus on life's positives."

The Asian country of Indonesia was the only outlier. After Paraguay, the other most positive countries, in order, were Panama, Guatemala, Mexico, El Salvador, Indonesia, Honduras, Ecuador, Costa Rica and Colombia.

Brazil 

Brazilian people are chill

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Brazil 

Brazilian people are chill

There are interesting sociological perspectives:

Brazilian culture does not have a clear concept of politeness. For that reason, to signal respect and openness to others, Brazilians resort to friendliness instead.

This cultural mores is so intense, it gives rise to situations that are unthinkable elsewhere. I'll give a personal example:

I was once robbed while shopping in downtown Rio. The thief demanded all money I had, and I complied. Then I asked if I could keep some change to take the bus home. He immediately, cheerfully handed me the necessary amount.

There are countless stories like that. A Brazilian could kill you and think nothing of it, but will feel very uncomfortable to refuse a petty favour to the victim without good reason.

In Brazil, being friendly is synonymous with having manners.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-Brazilians-so-stereotypically-happy-friendly

@Epikur

Yes I work with a Brazilian online business group right now and they are awesome people. 

They also teach me Portuguese 

I'm very happy with them. They are very friendly to me and accept me as  a part of them and that gives me a community feeling 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

8 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Epikur

Yes I work with a Brazilian online business group right now and they are awesome people. 

They also teach me Portuguese 

I'm very happy with them. They are very friendly to me and accept me as  a part of them and that gives me a community feeling 

Yes I can understand that. I Germany there were many people I know who loved the brasilian people in Germany. They went to brasilian churches and parties. 

In Germany it's the other way. People "go to the basement to laugh" is how a saying goes.

When I laugh I can normally can't thing strait and make many errors. Laughing comes with a price I guess. Same here in the Philippines.

Edited by Epikur