Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayG84

Solo Retreat Intention

8 posts in this topic

I'm planning a 2 week solo retreat at the end of the month after a long hard year off work and focusing on Self-Actualization work. I'm going to go sit alone in the wilderness and meditate/contemplate, and listen to my intuition about what the next phase of my life is and the path God is showing me. I can see the fear of the unknown rising in me.

This will be the first solo retreat I've ever taken. After decades of being dependent on other people to show me the way and going down the path that the ego has lead me down, I'm finally ready to take ownership of my own life. I realize that there's no one here except my true highest self to guide me. God is in me and it's showing me the path, but my ego is scared. The devil is trying to trick me all the time. My family and friends don't understand, and the ego is trying to seek approval of them constantly. But I see you Mara.

I need to take a leap of faith that it will be ok. I need to trust the path. Listen, with no fear. Just do. Just be. That's the only way I will find true Independence.

@JayG84

My guess is your friends and family do ‘understand’, or resonate at a more intuitive less cognitive level but are scared to death what would happen if their routines of distraction were interrupted. The real fear is of what could’ve been, what life had been like had you not went. The ‘path less travel’ indeed is all the difference. You are a true hero my friend. Godspeed. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Thanks man ?❤️

I have a quick question for you about listening to intuition though. I big reason for going on this retreat is the able to just listen to myself without having to talk to anyone about it. When I'm meditating and contemplating I come up with all sorts of epiphanies and plans and ideas, and I get really excited about them. But as soon as I talk about any of it to good friends or family members, or I post them on this forum, all the power gets sucked out of them. I can feel all the excitement that I felt vanish. It's always been this way for me, and I don't know what's causing this. I'm not sure if it's intuition or ego that's deflating these things. Does intuition only feel good and I should only follow the good feelings? Is fear the only thing that second-guesses? Or can intuition also be a warning mechanism that also tells you the path to not go down? 

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Does intuition only feel good and I should only follow the good feelings?

Yes. 

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Is fear the only thing that second-guesses?

Yes, but fear is made up vs being a thing that can do anything (second-guess). 

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

Or can intuition also be a warning mechanism that also tells you the path to not go down? 

There’s truly no ‘getting it wrong’. There are not multiple paths to go down, only what you want. You’re creating it out of nothing. There is instinct, or in spiritual terms maybe ‘picking up someone’s vibe / intentions’. 

This is all entirely subjective though. Just sharing an understanding, view, perspective. 

12 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There’s truly no ‘getting it wrong’. There are not multiple paths to go down, only what you want. You’re creating it out of nothing. There is instinct, or in spiritual terms maybe ‘picking up someone’s vibe / intentions’. 

This is all entirely subjective though. Just sharing an understanding, view, perspective. 

So intuition is literaly just following good feelings and wants without desiring an outcome, and we shouldn't listened to anyone elses advice or perspective? We should trust what we feel when we feel good. And feeling bad should be investigated. 

@JayG84

Yes, I’d say intuition is feeling / presence / now. I think it’s good to listen to advice & perspective cognitively to expand one’s own perspectives and frame of reference, but to listen to intuition in terms of feeling, and to always ‘hold’ intuition / feeling in the highest regard in comparison to what anyone says. 

Trust is a tricky word. A way to say this...maybe... for one who abides in feeling, there really is no call, need, reason, or desire to think in terms of trust. But yet, for one who is not established in feeling / intuition, trust is paramount. Bit of a stages of life happening when it comes to trust, all relative undoing until it is absolute ‘non-doing’. 

Feeling good is feeling good, so no issue. Inspecting feeling bad is worthwhile if it’s a repeating “stickiness”, yes. If a better feeling thought can be picked, in a non-bypassing manor, that seams the simple obvious way to go. These topics, trust, intuition, feeling...all very intermingled. Takes a while to have clarity with it all. 

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@JayG84

Yes, I’d say intuition is feeling / presence / now. I think it’s good to listen to advice & perspective cognitively to expand one’s own perspectives and frame of reference, but to listen to intuition in terms of feeling, and to always ‘hold’ intuition / feeling in the highest regard in comparison to what anyone says. 

Trust is a tricky word. A way to say this...maybe... for one who abides in feeling, there really is no call, need, reason, or desire to think in terms of trust. But yet, for one who is not established in feeling / intuition, trust is paramount. Bit of a stages of life happening when it comes to trust, all relative undoing until it is absolute ‘non-doing’. 

Feeling good is feeling good, so no issue. Inspecting feeling bad is worthwhile if it’s a repeating “stickiness”, yes. If a better feeling thought can be picked, in a non-bypassing manor, that seams the simple obvious way to go. These topics, trust, intuition, feeling...all very intermingled. Takes a while to have clarity with it all. 

Thank you. It helps a lot. I'll be contemplating these topics in the days leading up to the retreat. ??❤️