Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris365

Meditation physical sensation

4 posts in this topic

After a few 5MeO experiences (up to 20mg, no breakthrough) I kinda developed this habit (or the habit developed me) that, when I meditate (lying down) and focus on :

• "am aware that I'm aware"
  • "focus on the present moment"
  • "feel the inner body"
  • self inquiry

I always have these sensations that (maybe retrospectively) "I" associate with "doing it right": a VERY slight tensing of some muscles on the front of my body - pecs, abs, front delts, a bit of arms, neck, traps... If I focus on the relaxation of the muscles, they relax, but then I feel I'm losing some 'depth' of meditation. 

Is there any inherent problem with this? Could I be attached to the sensations I feel and this could be a blockage/ slow down of my practices ?

Edited by Chris365

Something else, is that there's a feeling of energy focusing from the body towards the head and up, with the top of the head becoming energized.

And the 'third eye' sometimes gets a sensation of pressure at this time.

And I feel the deepening happens on the exhale, while I'm trying to 'hold on to the depth level' on the inhale, to be able to go deeper again on the next exhale.

I feel 5Meo showed me this, so now my body automatically goes into that energetic mode...

10 hours ago, Chris365 said:

After a few 5MeO experiences (up to 20mg, no breakthrough) I kinda developed this habit (or the habit developed me) that, when I meditate (lying down) and focus on :

• "feel the inner body"
  • self inquiry

I always have these sensations that (maybe retrospectively) "I" associate with "doing it right": a VERY slight tensing of some muscles on the front of my body - pecs, abs, front delts, a bit of arms, neck, traps... If I focus on the relaxation of the muscles, they relax, but then I feel I'm losing some 'depth' of meditation. 

Is there any inherent problem with this? Could I be attached to the sensations I feel and this could be a blockage/ slow down of my practices ?

try doing these three things before meditation, all sitting no lying down , right after waking up,  

1) push ups to fail point, 1 set

2) Progressive muscle relaxation meditation 

3) Willim Hof breathing method 

After this breathing technique you will have taken in a lot of oxygen and feel like hardly breathing or not breathing for a minute. 
That means you did it right, very relaxed at this point 

4) Body Scan Meditation 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• "feel the inner body"
  • self inquiry

The above body techniques will help you not get hung up on on doing these various mental things "right" 

In two weeks after doing this daily and writing down the process to remember it you will be able to do it without relying on these videos 
but initially listening to the exact repetition of it.   If this is done right after waking you subconscious will be more obliging to new habits. 
The beginning preps you body. Then end aligns body and mind