Clarky000

Urge to throw up at meditation sections

4 posts in this topic

Recently I've been through some really, really rough memories of my past relationships, which I miss a lot, like A LOT, as I meditate. And, whenever I remember them, I feel some pain in my belly and throat (to me it's completely normal, that's how my body reacts to these types of memories).

However, this got to a point where is getting too strong, it looks like I'm about to throw up even though all my body is relaxed: jaw, shoulders, belly, legs...

How can I be sure if this is an ego backlash (up to this point these memories were "dead", not showing at all in my routine) or it's just how my body reacts to fully embracing strong negative emotions, or else? It's frightening.

@Johnny5 Thanks for the words! This is the first time I'm experiencing this type of sensation, so I don't know what to exactly do.

@Clarky000

I think I have a similar situation. I've been practicing healing exercises for some time and recently I felt compelled to reflect on who I am, what is my direction in life, what are my passions, what I should do in my life. In the midst of this, there were moments when I felt strange sensations in my throat chakra, like it wanted to tense, with a movement similar to the one you do when you yawn. It seemed like it wanted to purge itself. So I focused my attention on it, doing an emotional vipassana on my upper body, and I felt the urge to throw up. There was a time when I started to throw up and I could not stop, it was like my throat had taken over my body functions (fortunately I hadn't eat before).

I think it's a "good" sign, because people who take ayahuasca experience a need to vomit before the trip kicks in, and the shamans say it is cleansing for the soul. Certainly it's not enjoyable.

The throat chakra is the chakra associated with our inner truth, our purity, so if it needs to purge itself means it is purging the obstacles that prevent you from being who you truly are. At least I hope so.

If it's not like this, I don't know why all of this happens.

Hope that helps.

Oh, one last thing. The throat chakra is often very blocked when you're raised in dysfunctional homes.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003