Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JayG84

Awareness while sleeping?

4 posts in this topic

If we are pure awareness. And awareness never leaves us. Why are we not aware when we sleep? When the illusion of self is dropped there should be just awareness, the thing that cannot leave us. But when I sleep, awareness seems to dissapear. I can dream and be aware of that sometimes, but rarely. How can this be?

I'm going through sort of an ego backlash, requestioning things. Be patient with me...lol  ?

1 hour ago, JayG84 said:

How can this be?

I had another lucid dream recently, it was the most wonderful experience ever :). So not necessarily that we lose this awareness while sleeping.

In my dream I was climbing this huge mountain. Then all of a sudden I realized I was sleeping. I started to look around and could not believe that all that nature was just a dream. It was so pretty!!! I knew I was in a Swiss Alps. ( I was there a year ago in real life) I picked up a rock and wanted to understand its substance. My attention switched back to my hands. However, it was so pretty that I stopped again and picked up a flower that was growing there. I looked at the Sun and the feeling was amazing. I have never experienced anything like that in my real life. I knew I was alone, but I was not scared. :x

Lucid dreaming is just wow. I can not trigger them on my own. But when I have one it is just a beautiful experience.

Edited by Galyna

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"

@Galyna

So interesting! ?

Did you start doing that naturally or have you trained yourself?

@JayG84 naturally ? 

the more I am aware during the day, the better chance of getting a lucid dream. Also after some insights lucid dreaming is possible for me. My awareness is all over the place. One day super aware, another day just falling asleep again and might become aware only before going to bed. Who knows, I am reading Peter Ralston at night, maybe his book triggered something , lol ?

"All that we know is limited, something we don't - is infinite"