Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
electroBeam

Should I Choose A Course In Psychology?

3 posts in this topic

I'm currently struggling to decide what courses I should take next semester for university. I'm currently doing a batchelor of computer science. 

currently I'm not enjoying my course, and I feel like psychology will be more my thing. So I'm considering choosing a fundamental unit/course in psychology at my university, to see whether I would like it or not.

Though the only problem is that if I stay in computer science, I really need to change to another university, as my university has a bad reputation for computer science, and that I have ambitious plans in the future for my career. If I choose to do a batchelor of psychology, I will have to redo a unit/course which costs around 4000 dollars.

What do you guys think? Should I change to psychology to see if I will like the subject, or should I do a unit of study like physics or discrete maths, which will allow me to change universities and get full credit for my courses?

@electroBeam  I regret not having done courses in the past that I liked just because back then I did not see a future (career) in them or I didn't do them because of lack of money. I studied something I saw a career in and finished it. After that I worked in that field for 7 years. Now I really know what I want and I wish I followed my feelings back then. So yes, follow that feeling. If you are unsure about your feelings: talk to psychology students. Go to the university, feel the ambiance. Take a look at the pshychology program. The schedule. Maybe read one or a few of the books of the first year. See if you really like it.