Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WaveInTheOcean

3 very small -but profound- insights from God <3

2 posts in this topic

1. Reality is non-dual. Non-duality means: Not one, not two. The question is: do you get it or not?

For example, let's take the extremest duality: ego - god . Obviously complete opposites. Right?
Well, not so fast. Apply non-duality to it:

Reality is not: ego.
Reality is not: god.  (either)
Reality is not: "god AND ego".
Reality is:   ____________________    (Or you 'could' say: "ego-god").

Hehe.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2. To let go of power is to gain power.

3. To let go of control is to gain control.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you got zero clue about the actuality/meaning of profound insight 1, then trip on a psychedelic.

If you got zero clue about the actuality/meanng of profound insights 2 and 3, then go ahead right now and buy this book by the great Alan Watts:

The Wisdom of Insecurity: A Message for an Age of Anxiety  - https://www.amazon.com/Wisdom-Insecurity-Message-Age-Anxiety/dp/0307741206

"This book proposes a complete reversal of all ordinary thinking about the present state of man. The critical condition of the world compels us to face this problem: how is man to live in a world in which he can never be secure, deprived, as many are, of the consolations of religious belief? The author shows that this problem contains its own solution—that the highest happiness, the supreme spiritual insight and certitude are found only in our awareness that impermanence and insecurity are inescapable and inseparable from life. Written in a simple and lucid style, it is a timely message."

—Book Exchange (London)"

Alan Watts was unrutted to the bone. He didn't play it by the book - and that's the single best thing about him in comparison to other teachers.

<3

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

Yes, it's an amazing book. Even though Alan is a god-tier speaker he's still very good in writing it seems.

Free pdf anyone can find online, I have the paperback though. It's a simple but extremely profound read.  https://antilogicalism.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/wisdom-of-insecurity.pdf

If you like Alan Watts, I hope you've also heard of Krishnamurti. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.