Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany_Inspired

Forum Status Symbols

7 posts in this topic

Hello Community, what do you think of these status titles, and how they function? (Greenhorn, Member, Master, Adept, etc.)

I can totally imagine the vision Leo had for this, those new to personal development can seek wisdom from the more experienced. We all love a good mentor! I think, for some of the Master, etc level people in our community, that they are a fantastic resource for us all...and I wouldn't want to loose that. That said, is this system functioning as intended? To be honest I don't really know how it all works, (don't really care, I assume it has something to do with the number of posts or something). I feel, for some, this may be like a video game for them trying to "make it to the next level" with a secret trap door, instead of doing the actual work. My opinion is, that labeling administrators, etch that Leo has chosen to help is awesome, beyond that, I have mixed feelings: Is this system too authoritarian? Do I personally want to "rise through the ranks" with various titles I may not be ready to embody like this? Do I want to have a tittle at all? Are there some people achieving a title beyond their skill level, and, could this cause problems for others with misdirection, or would the community unite to resolve this? I am not intending to target anyone with this, and have no specific person/ people in mind, this is just my confusion about this system... if you respond, I have one request; that you do not make this about anyone specifically or engage in bullying.... so much love for you all!

Your title is based soley on your number of posts.

It means nothing.

1-50 (Greenhorn)

50-100 (Apprentice)

100-200 (Adept) 

200-500 (Expert)

500-1000 (Master)

1000+ (Elder)

Edited by Kenya

Thanks @Kenya, I suppose if it means nothing, it doesn't matter then, thanks!

At the same time words do have power, so,  the same way I trust that a "Moderator" is here to help, I feel, even if only subconsciously, that I could put more trust than warranted in another's tittle, maybe even my own...

So, this is my first, and probably only Forum (especially after Leo "10things you don't know you want video", aka the meaning of life... lol). I suppose I 'd join one more forum if it matched my life purpose, or something. Anyway, the fabulous Wiki, explained this forum stuff, some what ; Despite my innocent, inquisitive intention with posting this, I have probably become a "Troll" with this thread, and I am definitely *unintentionally* one of those post-necromancers, etc. too!

If my intention is mis-read as an attempt to mutiny this ship, or something, please delete it! Thanks! Here's what Wiki said about how this system works:

"Internally, Western-style forums organize visitors and logged in members into user groups. Privileges and rights are given based on these groups. A user of the forum can automatically be promoted to a more privileged user group based on criteria set by the administrator.[10] A person viewing a closed thread as a member will see a box saying he does not have the right to submit messages there, but a moderator will likely see the same box granting him access to more than just posting messages" (like how we cannot "thumbs up", someone on another level, I just want to give a positive reputation toward any comment that resonates with me... it seems silly that there is this restriction... or maybe i'm silly... oh right, I am... lol....)

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired
grammar

2 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

At the same time words do have power

Your inquiry is innocent, however words only have the power of which you give them. 

2 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

(like how we cannot "thumbs up", someone on another level, I just want to give a positive reputation toward any comment that resonates with me... it seems silly that there is this restriction... or maybe i'm silly... oh right, I am... lol....)

There is no restriction, you may give a positive or negative reputation to any single post, expect your own, once. If you're finding you have trouble with this function I recommend contacting a moderator.

My advice is to perhaps refrain from indulging in this kind of thinking.

Just curious as to why you go straight to hierarchy?

Like more advanced people are only here to be of service to newbies?

I'm here to work on myself first and foremost, I don't provide coaching services for newbies and greenhorns.

I had this before on here, somebody trying to knock down an imaginary hierarchy that they themselves had constructed in their mind.  He believed that I was here to provide service to a greenhorn, and got offended when I displayed characteristics of being just as confused.

People like to set up things in their minds, and when their expectations are not met in reality they get upset.

Edited by Mal

@Mal @Kenya My concern is that: I, (future-higher-forum-status-me, and potentially current high-status others) may be taken more seriously than I/we should be..... Actually Mal, you got me thinking about this, in relation to these titles...when you said how "you" (myself and some others) don't know what we are talking about....I thought how true that is.... there are people bringing up serious topics in their lives (even suicide etc)... the story you provided was actually a perfect example of what I am saying.... so,

Are venerable members potentially imbuing more trust/ value/ truth into the suggestions they receive from others?... and.... Is this potentially, dangerous, or unhealthy for lost souls at times?

I don't feel that I have personally constructed any sort of hierarchy... but who knows?... I feel that the actual names of these titles, inherently denote a hierarchy in themselves...given the dictionary definition of each status.... that said, you are probably right, that I have over-constructed this mentally...made things seem more significant than in the universal reality...I had only guessed that the intended purpose for increasing levels of status may have been to help newbies find mentors...I have no idea if that is actually why the status titles are there...I still don't really get it... are they just to encourage posting?

Mal, I am so sorry that you have felt pressured to coach, that shifty/unfair....(they could at least pay you, kidding). Personally, I believe that there are lessons we can all learn from each other... and status is irrelevant in this regard... an individual just beginning to explore consciousness, may surpass most others in a specific realm of thought, where their unique mental skills are truly able to excel.... and the opposite is also possible, even for experienced personal development mentors...

@Mal My first three negative reputations have all come from this thread...The fact that I noticed, and care slightly is pretty fucked up...lol...(I am pretty good at not giving a shit in the real world now, but I'm new to this virtual community thing) ...I feel like the new neighbour on the block that brought the food-poisoning dish to the BBQ or something...ha ha... 

I have been at a green stage of consciousness for about 2 decades, and this is a huge wake up call for me! My very green dislike of hierarchy can definitely rub others the wrong way. Another prime example of why I need to rise above this final fear stage.

Anyone, ....suggestions? If I was offensive, I sincerely apologize. I do not regret asking a question or challenging the status quo though....and I actually do still have some concern with this system being misinterpreted by the venerable...but for the most part, this is totally my own ridiculousness...and I will now, hopefully, cease my troll-lee-post-necromancy...