cle103

Self-inquiry Struggle (?)

15 posts in this topic

Hey there,

as it is now I am doing at least one hour of meditation a day. Most times I am attempting to do self-inquiry.
Here is my usual process:

1. become aware of my body and breathing

2. get a sense of myself

3. locate "myself" as a point in my head behind my eyes

4. ask "who perceives this point" or "who is aware of this feeling" until I get stuck

My struggle is that even though I can "locate myself" it is hard to open up my mind and get a true sense of "wondering". When I ask these questions nothing happens and if ask them over and over I get lost in thoughts because there is just no answer. What I found pretty helpful is imagining that I have no head. This kind of opens up my mind but not enough...

Do you have any suggestions? Any feedback is much appriciated! 

Cheers! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cle103 said:

Hey there,

as it is now I am doing at least one hour of meditation a day. Most times I am attempting to do self-inquiry.
Here is my usual process:

1. become aware of my body and breathing

2. get a sense of myself

3. locate "myself" as a point in my head behind my eyes

4. ask "who perceives this point" or "who is aware of this feeling" until I get stuck

My struggle is that even though I can "locate myself" it is hard to open up my mind and get a true sense of "wondering". When I ask these questions nothing happens and if ask them over and over I get lost in thoughts because there is just no answer. What I found pretty helpful is imagining that I have no head. This kind of opens up my mind but not enough...

Do you have any suggestions? Any feedback is much appriciated! 

Cheers! 

why are you trying to locate (yourself) in your head and behind your eyes,  your physical body is a replication of consciousness,  instead of trying to pin the real self to this third eye teaching, maybe you should begin to experience the whole of consciousness that created your physical body,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@charlie2dogs Thank you for the reply. I do/did it because it was one of the instructions in the "how to become enlightened" video by Leo. Maybe I got it wrong but I am pretty sure. 
Regarding your advice: how would "you should begin to experience the whole of consciousness that created your physical body" look in practise? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cle103 said:

@charlie2dogs Thank you for the reply. I do/did it because it was one of the instructions in the "how to become enlightened" video by Leo. Maybe I got it wrong but I am pretty sure. 
Regarding your advice: how would "you should begin to experience the whole of consciousness that created your physical body" look in practise? 

Thanks

when i say experience the whole of consciousness,  think about this your physical body is a replication  of consciousness, so is your physical body only a set of eyes for you to hide behind,  consciousness is carrying the physical body, giving it life, im just saying see as encompassing the whole body and you will have a clearer picture of consciousness itself.  some would see it as a ghost clinging to the body but in reality consciousness created this body to experience this life in and is supporting it giving it life and causing the functions of the human body to happen.

if you want to become enlightened ask those who are, and they can tell you how to function in a way that enlightenment might find you.  how would you know if you were talking to or listening to an enlightened being?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

consciousness itself.  some would see it as a ghost clinging to the body but in reality consciousness created this body

@charlie2dogs Some see the self as a ghost clinging to body.


When the secret is revealed to you, you will know that you are not other than God, but that you yourself are the object of your quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Emerald Wilkins The third eye correlates to self-inquiry, non-duality teaching.  It has absolutely nothing to do with enlightenment,  but you cannot see that because you are programmed to follow society, and societies pseudo "spiritual" teachings.

There is a self, but it is not located behind the eyes, it is located in another realm independent of space and time.  

Your non duality teachings are pure nonsense

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

@charlie2dogs Some see the self as a ghost clinging to body.

Stop debating and start listening to somebody who actually knows what this is about.  You and your Adyashanti videos are bullshit. Pipe down and listen for once.  Your 35 year journey means jack shit and you are misleading people.

Edited by Mal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Emerald Wilkins said:

I thought we agreed not to exchange words because it's a waste of time and energy. I've got nothing to share with you that you don't already know. I've been keeping my end of the agreement. But you may want to reread my comment in context as I wasn't actually talking about the third eye. I was commenting on what I believed the original comment was referring to.

Its not for you.  It's for people who dont buy into your spiritual ego bullshit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cle103 As far far as I know, you seem to be doing it correctly. What I would suggest is that if the process feels too repetitive and mechanical, ask the same question in a different way that would incite genuine wonder and openness, or ask a different question entirely. 
Some different questions you could ask: 

1. "What is awareness?"
2. "Where within awareness is the border between self and other?"
3. "Is anything within awareness separate?"

Etc...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

 

Edited by Mal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

At least it's a polite ego that doesn't spend hours a day hi-jacking forum threads and throwing random polemic arguments at people.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Why did you post my video?

I think it has useful advice on learning to accept my non polite ego.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Why did you post my video?

You do realize that you have a spiritual ego when you advise people on accepting themselves while at the same time blow up at people who you think exhibit the traits you clearly hate about yourself?

You know this is hypocrisy, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

But what the heck do I know? Anyway, I'm supposed to be ignoring you... 

I think you hold resentment because I told you not to approach me on the forum after spilling your truth about me in a private message.

The reason I told you to stay away is because you cannot help me.  Nothing more, no need to make it into a vendetta.

If you want to play the civil game go for it, but you must also realize you will define me also by those standards.

Let me tell you AGAIN what I am doing here.  I am working on myself, recording my words so I can look at myself in all my glory.  Im not here to make friends with you or accept therapy sessions about my "behaviour" in your eyes.  There are only three people on here who can help me, and one of them is not you.  I'm sorry that you could not bring me to your "Wilkins standard" senses, I am only here for self observation and to expose myself to real sources of help.

 

Edited by Mal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

I'm definitely a hypocrite. I give great advice but very seldom follow it. I have a lot of blind spots but it's a work in progress.

I agree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now