Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cuddy5269

Still feeling lost even after finding my Life Purpose

5 posts in this topic

I have nearly completed Leo's Life Purpose course and have learned a lot about myself and what I want to do in my life. I have found my life Purpose and am more than happy with the results I have gotten from the Life Purpose course. I want to keep working at my life Purpose, but I have one problem that's weighing me down. I've been having some major mental health issues the past few years. It's gotten to the point where I have been getting a lot of suicidal thoughts. I wake up every morning shaking, depressed, and scared to get up.I don't even consider myself a suicidal person, but for some reason I feel so scared of life that it's taking a lot of energy that could be used towards my  Life Purpose and making me feel suicidal.  If it's true that my parents and everyone else are not real then who can I impact through my work? The thought of being alone also terrifies me. I know this is part of me being a selfish ego but I really don't know what to do with my life. I'm 24 and don't want to waste the rest of my 20s and still live a happy life even if my identity is fake. Should I put my life Purpose aside for now and work on my mental health issues or pursue both? I tried working with therapists in the past couple years along with meditating an hour a day and healthy eating and could not heal myself. There are many other things out there that I need to discover and see what works. I know I need to hold myself accountable for this and work my ass off, but I just feel lost and don't know where to invest what little energy I feel like I have. I know it's important for me to start investing many hours into my life purpose now while I'm young but will it do me much good if my mental health does not improve? I'm sure many of you are much more developed than myself and any advice would be appreciated. I'm in a tough place right now that I need to work through. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

You are fine. It is only natural.

This is a big change. A big leap. Of course your system will be shocked. This too shall pass.

Try taking a step back. Relax into the fact that now you at least know what your purpose is. Now you have something worth living for. Breathing for.

You will face challenges, that's for sure. Perhaps even bigger ones than ever before. It's just how things work... The good news is; you have all the time in the world. Take it. Chill. Don't expect too much too soon. This is a life-long journey.

Enjoy the knowing that you have found your passion. Pick yourself up no matter how many times you fall. It's all more than worth it; I assure you. Do what you know in your heart to be the next right choice. Baby steps. Everything will be always waiting for you - right here.

I am very happy for and proud of you.

Best of luck.

Much love.

Edited by ivankiss

I would invest all of your efforts into making your mental health better right now. Heavily research your symptoms and find solutions for them. It is going to take a bit of work, but it will really be worth it. Try not to cling to much to the idea of something being wrong with you. Just use the information to find resoruces that will help you better yourself. Find people who have dedicated their lives to making those issues tolerable. 

I would recommend that you invest a lot of research into your diet as well. From micro nutrients, clean water, food categories, and learning what is really healthy. The standard diet is not healthy at all and can lead to a lot of the issues you are describing. Adding in good exercise daily and meditation will really help boost this progress in the right direction. 

Yep I think I need to really do my research and figure out the root of my mental issues. I've been working on my diet but there is still more I can learn about nutrition. There has to be something I can do that will work for me. I just need to keep looking. Thanks for replying.