Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Applegarden

Any modular synth enthusiasts?

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I would like to connect with people or find a community with people that share the passion about modular synthesis. I am willing to learn this aspect of music production and integrate it to my musical projects.

Please share everything you want toshare about this topic. I am a complete beginner, so every resource is ok.

Edited by Applegarden

@Soulbass Sorry for slow response! Thank you for the video and the video of your projects prior to that! I am trying to find everything i can find, and i already figured i am going for aturia beatstep pro/ableton and erica synths pico III desktop as a good beginning. What i am looking for is a microtonal synthesis and odd time signatures, also i would like to get a signal into these from my soundcard and ability to get all that into my DAW.

Later i would buy korg prolouge 16 and line 6 helix foot pad to get a solid fx on my guitar and its like i am set for life with studio sounding fx, of course i would upgrade modular to eurorack or smth and get a better computer but this is what i am up to currently. 

Thank you, i will check out that when i come from work. I am also thinking rwplacing beatstep for keystep, since you can do more with that! And i recomend andrew huang's channel on youtube, he has great content on what modulars can do! :)

I don't know much about modular synthesis, but I do know my way around software synths like Serum and my Korg R3. I have recently become interested in the topic and I see myself diving more deeply into it in the future. It seems like an expensive hobby though. :/

I got properly introduced to modular by a musician called Hainbach. He has a great YouTube channel, I recommend you check him out. You might find this video particularly helpful:

Edited by KingCrimson
typo