The observer

Growth awakenings!

6 posts in this topic

11986933_846624418777784_123481757900166321_n.jpg

How often do you find yourself like in the picture above?

For me, it happens very frequently. That pic I've posted on my Facebook wall 5 years ago. And it's been a theme in my life for almost 9 years now. Every time I sit and remember my past self, I feel embarrassed. It's like how could I be so stupid?! Then again, not three days later, I find myself noticing the same thing about my recent past self that thought it was at the peak. I only notice my growth/awakenings after, but never during. Especially when I journal, I'm always like: WTF! Who's that idiot?!

To summarise, I believe I will always be an idiot, no matter what I do and how much I learn or become nuanced. It seems like foolishness is inevitable.

Now, I'm wondering how I will view this thread one week later xD

Edited by The observer

You make a good point. This is a good way to keep yourself humble.

Your future self should always be wiser, cleverer, smarter, more aware and more successful than you are now. Your present self should make that happen. If you're not embarrassed by the old you, then you're doing something wrong.

All stories and explanations are false.

@The observer I can relate to that so much. But being foolish is a sign that we're all humans growing and learning. It's so much better to be a human than, for example, to be a rock going with the flow. 

explain grammar to an alien ?

@LastThursday @kagaria

Thanks!

This makes me wonder, though. Is it pointless to be on a path of self-development? If growth/understanding is infinite, then what's the point? What are we doing here, really?

@The observer the point of life is not death in ignorance but awakening to the truth and spreading it. It's blossoming.

Edited by kagaria

explain grammar to an alien ?

On 30/05/2020 at 3:42 AM, The observer said:

This makes me wonder, though. Is it pointless to be on a path of self-development? If growth/understanding is infinite, then what's the point? What are we doing here, really?

To go a bit meta: "pointless" is a value judgement ultimately to do with your personal survival. To put it a different way, to say something is "pointless" is to say you can't afford to waste resources on something that could be better spent elsewhere. But the thing is, is that spiritual growth/understanding has nothing to do with survival, the two are orthogonal.

All stories and explanations are false.