andyjohnsonman

Meditation while sleeping

4 posts in this topic

Last night I was doing kriya pranyama while dreaming. I was getting into some nice states while fast asleep. Is this normal? I haven't done this before I wonder how I managed to convince myself to start meditating while fast asleep.

Supposedly certain habits can be extended into sleep as well. If it occupies your mind enough, it may extend into the dream world also.

Good question. I tried to do so by going lucid, but every time I do that the same thing happens: I start floating, I stop existing, I forget that I am dreaming because I stopped existing, I start existing again, I am still floating and now I am amazed by the fact that I am floating and I end up floating around for the rest of the dream.

What was your experience like? Did you close your eyes? What did it feel like? It's quiet hard to meditate once you stop existing, but it might have to do with the fact that I closed my eyes every time I tried to do it.

15 minutes ago, andyjohnsonman said:

I haven't done this before I wonder how I managed to convince myself to start meditating while fast asleep.

Lucid dreaming. You can also try affirmations like: "I will meditate tonight when I'm dreaming." You might not consciously remember that it's a dream, but your unconscious mind which is creating the dream will. It might take a while before it actually works, but you will have to see that for yourself.

beep boop

Yea ive tried lucid dreaming before. This wasn't that, i didnt set the intention to notice i was in a dream or anything, I was dreaming that i was with my friend and I taught him how to do Kriya Yoga, we were doing Kriya Pranyama together and i was so present in my dream that it made no difference whether it was a dream or awake state as I was just the awareness within the dream.