Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kagaria

the Invisible Shackles

40 posts in this topic

The shackled heads shall never find the truth, they only abide in laziness, sluggishness, and weakness. These are the shackles that seal the minds of people...There are shackles made of iron, but sure you can easily break them; the invisible ones grip the psyche.

It's time to get off of these imaginary shackles and to weld the golden wings of freedom!

Edited by kagaria

explain grammar to an alien ?

I've been interested in shamanism for quite a while.

Last month I read the book "The Black (Siberian) Crane" describing daily lives of people in Yakutia during 1917, when the Bolsheviks promised the liberation of the working masses from exploitation. It was a time our region was still stuck in slave mindset, religious indoctrination and magical thinking.

There are many real shamans at play, but there are also pseudo shamans - like the one I'm going to be talking about next. Basically his journey of becoming a shaman was accompanied by wishful thinking like interpreting his visual hallucinations during religious ecstasy and thinking: 'this is my calling'. He was inspired to help people, including his sick mother. In order to do that he had to be talking to the dark entities - abaasy (basically anything that a black (malevolent or a fraud) shaman thinks he has to do). But he hasn't seen any of these creatures and whenever he thinks he sees them, it always turns out to be a delusion etc.

His journey is the exact opposite of that of a white (Real and benign) shaman. It's a long novel diving deep into the life of the society of these times, and touching stories of even more people, like toyons (uneducated and greedy chiefs of their countries), the working class, intelligentzia, shamans (the real and fake ones), bandits and others.

I think the ending is very symbolic: the shaman meets with an old Russian Christian exile, who gets disappointed in his foolish desires and pursuits and their pride, but still invites him to take faith. The example of a shaman going back to his delusional fantasies with an excuse of wanting to help people is astounding... Later, the spiritual exile dies, as to signify the atheistic and ignorant spirit of the upcoming ages. Then, a black crane lands on the little lake island. It growls painfully to show that suffering, lonelines, and misery are never going to fade away, and it disappears into the darkness of the night. The genius of the author is revealed.

The title "The Black Crane" is coming from a local legend of a girl who was gifted with a golden voice but couldn't use her talent because of the oppressed life and who died early turning into a fantom (yer - another belief within a pagan worldview) - a black siberian Crane.

Edited by kagaria

I really like how the black crane disappears after all - it goes to show that all the illusions of suffering, misery and separation are arising only within temporary forms!

My Translation (in progress) of the excerpt from the book 'The Black Siberian Crane'. Describing the further journey of our shaman wannabe after he runs away from a spiritual Russian exile.

“In the eagle’s giant nest there are two little eaglets. Their fair feathers remind of the river foam. Their little red throats show up from time to time, as they are searching for food.
    It is obvious that they were not born in this sacred place in vain. What if… What if this is a place were great shamans’ souls get taught the art of magic?..    The mother eagle is looking at her hatchlings from a high distance.

Edited by kagaria

Kysalga (the name of the protagonist) has just noticed how tired he got. He found a rock and put his dyungur (the shamanic drum) on it and lied down, putting his bylaayakh (beater of the drum) on his stomach. And while he was watching the Mother Eagle fly, he fell asleep…
    As he rode his round rattling dyungur, he got to the front of the cloud of the third sky and looked at the mysterious place through the glass bylaayakh of his own - the upper world seems to be nice! The waves of the milky lake are playing, shining, and singing elegantly like beautiful khomus (vargan, a musical instrument).
    On the east side of the milky lake there is a little white island. At the top of the island there is a golden urasa (yurt). At the front of the building, there is a three-faceted crystalline sèrgè (a hitching post) with a crown of a two headed bird on the top. And under that beautiful post, wearing his trot coat and hat, the great headman of the upper world himself – Urung Aar Toyon is sitting on his white underlay. He is caressing his beard that lengthens down to his chest. There is a giant piebald eagle sleeping on his left shoulder. On his right shoulder – an old, drowsy crow with feathers white as snow. Under his feet – a bull with copper hooves and horns, munching something. Next to the sèrgè he could see a majestic white horse with silver wings.

(The supreme deity Urung Aar Toyon)

aar-toion-272x300-272x300.jpg

Edited by kagaria

Kysalga raised his robustious shamanic instruments and bowed down three times.  Uplifted, he said with a loud voice:
    - With a stand of milky stone, with a breath of a scorching heat, with a hat of trot and sable, the great and powerful Urung Aar Toyon! May I bow to your unreachable self, high as heavens! Good man! Don’t get disgusted at me, an average Oju:n (Shaman) of the middle world with stinking airs and flooding ailments! Don’t get angry that the son of the world of sin and crime has touched your clear floors! The life of the middle world is trembling like water in a birch bark basket. I don’t know much about my homeland’s destiny. We don’t know what this contentious age is going to inflict upon us… I wanted to foresee that but my eyes’ flame got dim; I’m lost in the weird darkness!
    Kysalga, wailing, fell down in front of Urung Aar Toyon.
    Urung Aar Toyon stirred his white eyebrows and spoke with a low voice:
    - Aar Jaaly! Aat-tatai! (ancient interjection expressing amazement, dismay or irony). How wailful is the song of this poor shaman, how sorrowful is he! The thoughtful Sakha people, living in small balagans, have turned foolish, have become fearful, and in order to wake them up, to turn their poor lives around, by the order of the great Tankha Toyon (The Ruler of Destiny), brave males with fiery tongue, men of glorious thought have ascended to the middle world! Where are they?

Edited by kagaria

Then, Urung Aar Toyon looked at the eagle on his left shoulder. The bird suddenly moved, looking out with its big eyes like rings.
    - Čiҥ-čaҕynaj! čiҥ čaҕaan! (Onomatopoeia). Oh, the great Urung Aar Toyon! Those boys have come to the middle world by the order of Tankha Toyon. To save the abused and oppressed slave people they have roared like bulls and neighed like horse.
    At the same time, the bull, lying under the feet of Urung Aar Toyon, has roared three times with great force.  The horse, fastened to the sèrgè, has neighed fiercely. 
    Urung Aar Toyon caressed his long white beard.
    - If that is true, then why did you come, poor Oju:n (shaman)? The minds of these boys are brighter than yours. Their words are truer than yours. 
    Kysalga Oju:n looked at his feet and said, meekly:
    - Oh, you, who made the bright future for us and brought happiness to us, the Sakha people, the great Urung Aar Toyon! I consider myself to be created by the great Black Crow Toyon (Toyon is equivalent to a diety), who gave rise to the nine virtuous great shamans! If the bad wind comes up, I, born with a destiny of saving and helping my people, with my great round rattling dyungur, have to support them with my wide back! If the evil comes up from the upper or the lower world, I have to push them back with my bylaayakh (a beater of the shamanic drum) to where they have come from! This is my great, noble destiny! Can that be a lie?! Is it really not true?

Edited by kagaria

Urung Aar Toyon thought about what to say next, and then said very loudly:
    - Aar Jaaly! (Interjection) Look at how strong is the pride of a khaakhai shaman! Do you want to break the rules of the unshakable Djylga Khaan Toyon (The God of Destiny), you, Manay allaah?! (a condescending way of referring to someone inferior or foolish) The old white crow winked at him and croaked sonorously: 
    - Manay allaah!!
The bull with copper horns and hooves rose and blasted: 
    - Manay allaah!
The winged horse, as if aggressively, wildly stamped on the reddening clouds:
    - Manay allaah!
    Aar Jaaly! The sound of those terrible words reached the three clouds and was echoed three more times: Stupid! Silly! Manay allaah! Stupid! Silly! Stupid! Silly!
    The foamy clouds of the three skies were laughing vehemently: Manay allaah! Manay allaah!
    And Kysalga, feeling extremely disappointed and angry, sat down. The Sun of the north is beaming just the same way. Is it also looking down upon the exhausted shaman? The top of the Ebe Khaya (The Great Mountain) is shining like an oven of a great blacksmith. With its majestic look It also seems to abhor a conceited oju:n. Everything around him is winking spitefully, as if contemning him. Kysalga shaman took his djungur and came to the edge of the cliff. He gazed down. The foaming waves are moving rampantly and look like they are laughing and saying: Manay allaah!
    Kysalga looked at the sky. The mother Eagle is flying above his head. She is looking at her children screaming in the giant nest. What if.. this is a place where real great shamans' souls take their origin?

Edited by kagaria

And who is Kysalga? Who is he? He’s just an average shaman! A poor little thing! The small and the big, or the middle and the great shall never stand close to each other! This is a tough order of the Djulga Khaan Toyon! Oh, how bad is it, how humiliating is it to be small, to be weak!.. Standing next to the great river and to the giant sacred mountain, he is, of course, a Manay allaah!..

- Oh, what a distress!.. – Kysalga said from the bottom of his heart and stood there, holding his dyungur next to his face, and then, he looked at the great Sun, raised his drum and while keeping his eyes closed, threw it away. The dyungur fell like a little bird out of its nest into the water, and it was taken away, as if disgusted, by the hands of the roaring waves. "

That's where the story of an oju:n ends. In the book, his life story is actually very sad. He possessed lots of other talents like beautiful eloquence - but couldn't make use of them in the right way because of the corrupted system. The same goes to Khoboro:s - she could have made a great singer with her rare skills of Ventriloquism.

Edited by kagaria

His story is such a perfect example of how the ego keeps itself in a little bubble and believes its dreams.

Isn't he a bit like you and me? ;)

unnamed (2).jpg

Edited by kagaria

Just now, kagaria said:

His story is such a perfect example of how the ego keeps itself in a little bubble and dreams of being big. Isn't he a bit like you and me?

I am Sam 

Sam I am 

I do not like that I am Sam

Do you like green eggs and ham? 

I do not like green eggs and ham...

Just dropping by

for who knows why

i suspect there are reason why

so I am here to tell you hi ? 

nice work ?

Edited by kagaria

"In shamanism, sometumes called the cult of the Eternal Blue Sky, God is the Universe, or Nature. The Eternal Blue Sky itself is the personification of the boundless Universe or, if you want, the open earthly window into it. The universe is infinite, in the sense of space and time, is not a collection of dead emptiness and constellations with their near-Earth planets.  It is alive.  It has an infinite and immortal soul and spirits (this is the same thing) of stars and planets, as well as continents, islands and seas, mountains, steppes and valleys, lakes, rivers and streams, stones, trees and grasses, animals, birds, fish and, humans.  

Not only that which is created by nature has a soul.  Souls, or guardian spirits, are also present in man-made objects: cities, settlements and houses, bridges and roads, airplanes, ships and cars.  Everything that surrounds us is alive, animated. That is, having their souls, their spirits, who do not die with the disappearance of their carriers, but merge with the Universal Mind in order to be reborn in a new way.

The totality of everything around us makes up the Universe, that is, Nature.  And the totality of all souls is the Universal mind or God. So it turns out that shamanism is a universal cult.  The cult that is primordial and natural for all of humanity."

- an excerpt from an interview with Buryat duriskha-udagan.

Edited by kagaria

20200731_003129.jpg

One must take responsibility for one’s life, for one’s destiny. And for the destiny of that world that we have all been accomplices in ruining. In ravishing. Destroying. Taking advantage of for profit and comfort, at the expense of all those beings who suffer to support an unjust system.

??

20200731_104846.jpg