Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Victor Mgazi

Spiritual Exploration

44 posts in this topic

Or self exploration..

What it's about

Upon discovering my true self, I've stumbled on to a lot of 'entanglement': projections, ideas, beliefs and so forth. This journal is about the process and effort of undoing all that conditioning and rediscovering what actually is 

The exploration of actuality, that's what this journal is about. And in here I'll be basically jotting down thoughts, feelings, moments, discoveries/realisations, and progress. There isn't really any end goal here apart from maybe being enlightened, otherwise it's just journaling for the sake of journaling.

I'm hoping this journal will somehow make my exploration easier with it acting as a tool of tracing and retracing. As I explore my fundamental truth I'll need a place where I can pause and reflect, this will be it. 

What to expect

Introspection (contemplation of my thoughts, desires and day-to-day conduct)

Self Inquiry (the questioning of my beliefs, recurring concepts, reality and truth)

Progression (results from this work and practices such as meditation and yoga, new insights, new states of consciousness and so on)

I'm really excited to see where all this is going to lead. I feel like a child who's dream of knowing everything there is to know becomes true. I will show some serious devotion to this work as it's very close to my spirit. 

P.S. Updates in content are random, but I expect to post at least every once a week starting with this one. 

?

The level of awareness I'm working with 

Where I currently stand in spirituality

I Am Everything and All is One

This is something that I'm directly aware of. The truth could not be any simpler and yet I could not see it before. How does one see what's right in front of him if that very thing he's trying to look at is the face that his looking with? 

I am the face reality. I am the fabric of every realm, every dimension, and every field. Nothing is outside or beyond me. I am all that can ever be and will ever be. I am literally inevitable. That is my truth.

Love is the only and true existence there is

This is something that I'm embodying right now. Before, I was merely aware of how God is love, I was a receiver of it and not a carrier of it. Love is the truth, for love is the only ever permanent thing that is and will forever be. 

Nothing can get behind love. Love is the intelligence of reality, it's the freedom of Being, it's the unity of infinity. All is One for all is Love, no thing is not love. Everything that arises springs out from love out of love and for the sake of love and finally, as love. Love is it, I am it. Hence, it's the only ever true existence there is, everything else is imaginary.

All form is imaginary. Stuff, people, space, the cosmos... these are all imaginary things. There is only one thing that truly exists, and that is love. There is no such thing as 'nothing', it's just another concept that one has to let go of. 

Reality is Infinite 

In fact, it would be more accurate to say that infinity is reality, and it's the only reality there is. I'm directly aware of this.

Before, I could not for the life of me see how everything is infinite or how I am infinite. But now that I've let go of a couple of critical beliefs, I can see right through the smog of illusion, the illusion of separation and finitude. Everything is one and the same God damn thing, operating as a unit. It's whole.

What one may call impermanence is actually the permanence of all there is. Things only appear to be finite because it is not yet seen, not just believed in, that duality/polarity is complete imagination. The key of realising infinity lies in letting go of ideas and beliefs. Most of us fail to realise infinity because we've confused infinity with the concept of many-ness. Let go and observe without judgement.

Existence is Imagination

Everything, every form, is imaginary. This is something that I'm aware of but still struggling to accept with my conditioned state of consciousness. But it's true.

What is referred to as reality, the world or the universe, is in deed imagination made flash. Though, this doesn't mean that cars and people are not real, it's all real. It's just not the kind of real one would normally assume. Imagination is what reality is made up of, it's the texture of stuff. Rub your fingers against each other, what you would be feeling is imagination in the flash.

Existence/Reality is imagination for it is created through infinite intelligence, not material or matter. That's the most fundamental aspect of existence, intelligence. One cannot get behind it, it's literally the isness of everything. Love and Intelligence are one and the same thing. This is why I call it God, because there is no word for the combination/unification of Love and Intelligence. What do you call that? I want to call it One but I'll probably sound crazy.

Love is Intelligence imagining itself to be something else, hence reality is imaginary. Imagination/existence is what Love looks like in action, it's loving. Behold.. 

Nothing really matters, it's all already perfect as it is

I couldn't really explain this without being nonsensical, it's just one of those things that have to be directly realised. It's just too spiritual, there's no comprehending this, perfection is simply embodied not conceptualised. Perfection is what makes God so GOD. It just is what it is As it is. It just is and it's whole 

God = Love = Infinity = Intelligence = Perfection = One 

The word my is such an extravagant term, don't you think? So unrestrained, especially with regard to feelings.

Tracing beliefs back to their sources

Yesterday afternoon, I was drawn to the term and what can best be described to be its affairs. My.. a possessive form of i

This certainly isn't an innocent word like most other words that are either referring to an object/subject or an abstract, this word is guilty by association. It's more than just a word that means something, it refers to something very very close to a human, closer than any other concept or common sense. This word my is pointing to a monster of a belief.

It's the belief of a possessor, a me that is in possession of something. But why this belief? If one were to trace the my to it's source, presumably the non other than the me of the show, it becomes clear that the possessor is a mirage. So if that's the case then what purpose does this belief of possession serve exactly? Who is the possessor, the me of the my 

There has to be someone/something that this word/belief is servings, otherwise it would have been meaningless. But it's not meaningless, it's used and thought daily with so much consistency and insistency. Many wars and so much bloodshed has sprung out of human history because of this belief, it is through this belief that things can be at stake. So what does it serve?

Some people might save it serves the ego, it's for survival. But ego is nothing but a self image, it's just as much as a belief as possession is a belief. A belief cannot serve another belief. Both beliefs, the belief of a me and the belief of possession - my , must then both be serving something that precedes them and that cannot be another belief or some concept. Tracing beliefs to their sources requires crucial observation and self inquiry, otherwise it's easy to get wrapped up in a lot of ideas. 

Both concept and belief arise for the service of something, otherwise why do they even get the opportunity to form? It's clear that something is perpetuating them. Right now, I believe that I am typing and reading this, it's the beliefs of a me and a my fingers and my eyes that contribute to this feeling of doership and self. What's the end goal of this? If there is no end goal then why can't I just let them go? Something draws them back like a magnet whenever one attempts to let them go, it's like they have use? 

Beliefs are concepts that are acknowledged as truth. Concepts are recurring thoughts, they keep recurring and expanding when given attention. 

In truth, all that we ever do is wish, we wish and then we wish some more. 

Today as I went about my day, I tried to observe the rise and subside of the thought my so as to spot the use of its nature. And I did. As I deemed, the belief of possession, along with every other belief there is, must serve something that precedes it for it is the very thing that perpetuates it. So what comes before any belief or concept? 

It's a very tricky and a very delicate matter. What I've noticed is that beliefs can spiral out of beliefs, so when tracing them back to their source you may encounter your own shadows that you may have not been ready to confront. Control is one of those beliefs that I stumbled upon when tracing. This is the story that the my belief told: if I have influence or control over something, then it's in my possession and is therefore mine. It's very easy to get wrapped up in thought-stories and not find your way back to actuality.

So, what is prior belief/concept/thought-stories? What else if not feeling? It's intuitive, coming before and sometimes without mental activity, it requires no explanation nor understanding. It's Desire, the irresistible force that drives us all. Wanting has never been a thought, it's always felt. One may stop thinking about it, but the feeling doesn't go away. The feeling of wanting only stops when that thing is no longer wanted. The thing about desire though is that it's a flame and not the inferno, meaning desire only last just as long as the wanting lasts, and they hardly last.

Desire is made up of wants , even if it's a single want , so long as there is wanting the is desire. But desire can't be the source of beliefs because then beliefs would cease every time the wanting ceases. And wanting does cease. This is because wants are planted by thoughts and watered by attention. If you pay attention to a thought of getting a new car, you're going to want to get that new car. So, although desire is a feeling it still needs thoughts to take form. 

So then, desire and belief are traced back to thoughts. What is prior thought? And what determines which thoughts are to be watered with attention and which are quickly forgotten? It can't be of thought? Thought can't serve thought? The problem I had with desire is that it's simple for it to stop, it can either be fulfilled or ignored completely. But the fact that it's intuitive in nature tells us something, mind is not where everything is.

And there is something else that has nothing to do with the mind and might just be the source I was looking for.

Choices don't exist for the sake of there being options, they exist so that we may learn and know ourselves. 

Is there a such a thing as a long term want that can last forever without needing thoughts or any other form? Can there be pure feeling as a source, prior thought/concept/belief? Yes

If someone were to ask what makes you you , would you know how to answer that question? You could try listing stuff about yourself but how genuine and completely accurate would that list be? Does action really define man? What if I regret the choices I made, does me stealing really mean that I'm nothing but a thief? And who's the judge? The reason I ask this question is because I believe it to be very spiritual in nature and it has to do with the source of form, it's not asking for something the mind can answer.

There is something that is pure feeling and precedes all perception and interpretation, it's intuitive in its nature and it knows itself by being itself. This something, I believe is who each of us, as expression, individually are. Call it the soul of your universe if you want to, but it's better understood as will. Will is the long term desire. It's fulfilment can never be complete until it's complete. I believe that what we actually are individually in direct experience is nothing but pure will. And out of this will the universe springs. 

Is what I'm saying here the truth or is it just a belief? It's a belief. I will be honest with myself in this work. And it's a belief that I'll have to let go. But, here's something else, I say it's a belief because thoughts were needed to get to the source. I'm actually just feeling this one out, I can feel it. I know it intuitively that everything that has happened and will happen is for my will. This universe and reality is the fulfilment of my will. 

@Victor Mgazi is nothing but pure will out of infinity. And all his attachments and struggles and journey, they're all part of his will. His will is one with God's will which is love, and must also be fulfilled. Every choice his made was just him learning about himself. Will is the only self there is. Why does he believe what he believes? Because he wills it to be so, he wants this experience because that's just who he is. This is he's state of consciousness and it will change because he's will must be fulfilled. 

So the source is will. 

Attachment

Earlier today, after serious contemplation, I came to the conclusion that will is the drive and source of experience .

It only makes sense that the desire for existence is what gives rise to things /form. Just pure desire, without any adjunct such as a possessor or something like that.

But now that it makes sense, what does this conclusion fulfil? Who is it serving? What makes this form called comprehension much more special than any other form? This is where the apparent difference lies between belief and concept.

The conclusion that will is the source of all form is in actuality is a mere idea derived with the apparent mechanism we call reasoning. In short, it's a thought-story. But is this thought-story close enough to thetruth? No. Truth is self-evident, it doesn't need a model or to be conceptualised in order for it to be what it is. And it's infinite, cannot be represented for it's representation is finite in form.

And so, although one might say that I have made sense of actuality, who then benefits from it? What does the conclusion actually serve? Here, we have a representation, which can't even be known to be truth, a model of something that doesn't need to be represented for it is already and forever present, and so then one must ask what the point is?

There is no point, there can't be a point unless it's imagined. And so what this conclusion serves is actually the expansion of the first belief, the first form that I call self image. The only reason that I wanted to contemplate this was to expand this self image, the doership of at least. That's what has actually been happening here, and it's happening right now. Rather then living in the present, what does one do? We live in imagination. 

Reality is imagination. Look at it and see what it's made out of: models, thought-stories, concepts upon concepts, and then finally.. the attachment to those imaginary forms. This is attachment, accepting something to be more special over the other, the concept of will over what is actually present. This is why one doesn't live in the present. One is always imagining, hence reality is imagination.

My life is imaginary, My experience is imaginary, Myself  is imaginary. Self  is nothing more than an image that I'm attached to, one has identified with imaginary form. All form is imaginary, all meaning is imaginary, hence concept will always be concept. And now, without hesitation, I've accepted this concept of will as actuality and again remain blind to what is actual. That's what ego is.

Belief = attaching to imaginary form by imagining it to be true. To let go of belief is to surrender self image to actuality. 

Life is so beautiful when there's no fear of death. 

Earlier on today, after questioning attachment, I went about my day with no intention or expectation. I interacted with my environment and engaged in activity such as conversing and joking. Then, as moments passed, I became more relaxed and started thinking about attachment. I was wondering what sort of effect does belief have in the present moment. 

How does self image contribute to day to day experience? It doesn't. 

When one is not thinking about reality and is simply engaging with whatever is happening in the present moment, beliefs become irrelevant. Self image had nothing to do with me experiencing peace or beauty or compassion. Emotions and feelings don't need belief, whether or not I'm attached I still experience life. It's as if the real world is waits for you when you're engaged in identification. 

Why is thought so subtle? 

Why is humour not subtle?

Why is heartbreak not subtle?

Why are handshakes and hugs not subtle?

Why is love or hate not so subtle?

Loving the energy

Actuality is beautiful, the intelligence is just so.. fulfilling. It's the energy, the vibration, the manifest.. I'm in love with it, flowing with it, knowing it intimately. 

There's no trying to make sense of it, no trying to conceptualize it. I'm just feeling it, being it. This is what reality actually is, this pure energy, thoughts and sensation.. it's just intelligent energy, Being. 

Right now.

Focus

Yesterday I decided to explore the metaphysics of focusing. As some form of exercise, I would concentrate my attention on to a single point and would attempt to keep it there. 

I chose to use a mirror and I looked at my face, my nose would be my point since it was the most centered thing I could find. And so I stared at my nose. Keeping your attention on a single point needs a lot of dedication and concentration skills, otherwise it's very easy for your attention to drift off. Thoughts are what tend to keep focus in a dynamic state of contraction and expansion.  

My mind was relatively relaxed at the time so I didn't struggle much. After redirecting my attention for the seventh or tenth time, I was able to keep my focus on the reflection of my nose. I stared at it until it became the only recognised thing in appearance. But as soon as that happened, something else immediately started happening.

My nose started disappearing, when I picked this up it instintly returned. I asked myself what had happened and noticed that I shifted my attention. I immediately went back to staring at my nose with the same concentration without any struggle, I could silence my mind by shear will. Subsiding thoughts is a skill that I've learned to develop, even though it lasted for an indefinite period. It still came in handy.

Gazing at my nose again, it started happening. My nose blurred then disappeared, then before I knew it the rest of my face started disappearing. This extended to the point where the mirror itself was beginning to vanish and I recognised it, immediately my nose returned with recognition. This didn't make sense. If I was focusing solely on the nose then why did it keep on disappearing? 

Last I checked, things only vanished when one is not paying attention to them, not when one is paying attention to them. So if focusing on my nose meant removing my attention from something else, what had I removed my attention from that led to the effect of a vanishing world? Thoughts hardly have any effect on appearance, other than the ignoring of other appearances. But this time, I hadn't given any attention to thought, not until I had recognised the vanishing. 

When I tried to focus my gaze at the reflection of my nose again while trying to observe how the vanishing phenomenon occurred, nothing happened. It didn't work. Everything was intact and my nose remained the most centered thing in the mirror. 

Something that is still unclear. 

Edited by Victor Mgazi
Correction

The fucking irony of It 

Isn't funny how spirituality is just one big irony? I mean really, sometimes I would feel like I'm going insane just from trying to wrap my mind around the type of shit you realise on this journey.

Like seriously, what kind of sick twisted joke is being played here?

One moment you're the perceiver, the next moment there's is no perceiver and you're back to being the perception again. One moment you are the ego, the next moment egos don't actually exist. Today reality is an illusion,tomorrow there is no such thing as illusions, reality is as it appears. Summer, my hand is actual and it doesn't get more actual than this. Winter, my hand is completely imaginary. 

Like WTF ? 

I swear, if I ever become some sort of spiritual teacher, the only lesson I'll teach is that everything is one and you are it. That's all they'll ever get from me. “Everything is one, and you are it.” Spare me.

Spirituality is insanity, it's really not for the faint hearted ey. It all seems to be just a ‘Or is it’ game. The paradox you get from insights is just too crazy. No wonder it's taking so long for the world to get into spirituality, it sounds like complete nonsense. Definitely not for the closed minded, the irony will kill you.

Which brings me to today's insightful realisation: Only when you look up will you actually be looking down 

Transcend that up your ass. :P

Edited by Victor Mgazi

3 hours ago, Victor Mgazi said:

Like seriously, what kind of sick twisted joke is being played here?

Tell me about it, god's a twisted fucker. ??

3 hours ago, Victor Mgazi said:

Spirituality is insanity, it's really not for the faint hearted ey.

Yeah, we're literally working to kill ourselves. Sounds insane, but it's way more insane to accept this illusion as if it were real. 

If you stare long enough into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you.

Nietzsche's statement captures it perfectly, an enlightening moment that revealed it's infinity as being now and eternal. It's just so fucking beautiful, but I'm terrified at it at the same time. It's the truth. I Am

About a month ago, I had an experience that lasted forever. It was late in the evening and the rain was pouring. I had been meditating, doing mindfulness, and during that evening some serious shit came to light. Long story short, I realized how I am consciousness and how every perception arises within me. I contained everything. It was like a major body expansion took place and covered every field of appearance.

Fast forward, I officially discovered oneness in being . After spending some time on the forum, I logged out and sat in silence, contemplating what is consciousness without form and perception?  Then, in the subsidence of thoughts, I realized Being. Everything is one and the same thing and I was it. It didn't make sense that I was only pure awareness anymore. I now was also the perception that arises within me. I'm not containing it, I am it. This was when embodied love. 

And finally, the moment I had yesterday mid-afternoon. It was hot and I was exhausted. I hadn't gotten enough sleep the previous night and so after the day's business, I went to my room and threw myself on the bed. The air was warm and I felt so tired. I told myself that I would lie on my bed and do absolutely nothing. So when the mind started wondering, I silenced it but completely focusing on something else. I gazed at the ceiling and kept my focus there. With mind deprived of attention, I felt more relaxed and immersed.

There's something that people hardly ever notice. As much as reality is a dream it's also a mirror. Reality reflects our ‘inner world’ so accurately that we actually observe what we believe, nothing else. But what reality revealed to me during my gazing was not at all expected. You see, I was still and immersed. I didn't want to do anything nor entertain my mind with meaningless concepts. I just wanted to rest. And so, in my passive state of consciousness I saw the eye of God.

At first, something about my view just felt odd, like something big but subtle was missing but replaced with something equally big.. and subtle. Do you know that feeling one would often get when alone in a room, watching a horror movie, usually at night? That feeling of being watched? Take that feeling and multiply it by a hundred, that's how it felt staring at that ceiling. I could shake that feeling off but I couldn't ignore that feeling of self surreality.

But in my passive determination to relax, I continued as I were, watching the ceiling. And there more I did so, the less I felt real. I started feeling empty. Something was happening as I was gazing at my room and I noticed it. Realising what had been happening took a part out of me. Staring at the room, blinking and breathing, I saw it, staring and blinking, I felt it. Then it all just fell into place like water finding it's own equilibrium. I wasn't viewing the room, I was the view of the room watching itself. 

You know how they say that the world disappears when you close your eyes or sleep? I kept on vanishing and reappearing. That's where that feeling of surreality was coming from. In blinking, I observed what I believed to be my separate self come and go like a thought. And as the true me remained still, reality started feeling empty and meaningless. Then I finally realized what I was staring at all along. It's God's eye. 

The same way I had expanded and embodied consciousness containing form, here was an eye that instead of having normal eye features like the pupil and iris, this eye showed everything that could be seen. The eye was made up of reality itself, and I was a part of that reality. But most importantly, I was the eye staring dead into my being. Holy crap, I really can't believe it, but it's too obvious to be denied so I'm not sure what to do with it.

I can't believe just how free but at the same time so lonely I truly am. I have to integrate. Shit.. Eye Am

Edited by Victor Mgazi

If reality is nothing more than what I imagine it to be, why then do I cling to it? 

Surrendering my self image to spirituality. 

What is spirituality?

What does the word spirituality actually refer to? I've titled this journal “Spiritual Exploration”, this two worded name inherents an idea along with connotations in its linguistic bases. But does it have any significance outside concept?

The conventional use of the term spirituality is varying in its being. This clearly denotes subjectivity and vagueness to the word as it can be interpreted in a unique manner by every individual. The society's dictionary defines the term spirituality as the quality of being concerned with religion or the spirit realm. This appears to be how most parts of the world have come to understand this term/idea whereby further concepts and beliefs have now been built upon. And so, according to this common understanding of the term, spirituality is nothing more than a quality, a characteristic property of appearance. 

Now, when analysing this established definition of spirituality we again discover several of our society's notions. Such notions being: the are ‘realms’ to this reality in which we exist in, or that if something has nothing to do with ‘religion’ or ‘the spirit’ then it is outside of spirituality. These notions extend through identification, and ‘realms’ such as the physical, the quantum, and the spirit realm are acknowledged either in belief or conceptualisation. Thus, in the context of this use of the term, spirituality appears to be grounded in subjectivity as it only points to either concept or belief.

What about outside of the conventional use the term, what is the basis of spirituality there? Although one can argue that outside ‘convention’ only exists interpretations made from the common understanding of the acknowledged definition, and so the basis remains entirely subjective. Even if so, let's make a further analysis upon one of the modern, but proven to be ancient in the Eastern tradition, idea of spirituality which is also the most popular one in this forum. The idea that spirituality transcends both concept and belief, and that nothing can get behind spirituality. According to this use of the term, spirituality is objective in its nature. 

This unconventional use of the term, especially here in this forum, appears to be implicit and yet exclusive in its being. Implicit because it is not in accordance with the conventionally established meaning of a term, and exclusive because it inherents these notions of ‘consciousness work’ and ‘self realisation’. Is consciousness work not subjective? Because, according to the connotations of this notion, consciousness work deals with that which is actual and present in direct experience one can deem it to be objective. And because self realisation is a notion built on discovery and clear acknowledgement it can also be deemed objective. 

But does that mean nothing can get behind spirituality, what does it actually refer to? In conventional use it refers to concept that has a subjective basis, in an unconventional and both modern and ancient use it also refers to an idea but has an objective basis which, in its case, is practice. So can it be deduced that spirituality refers to nothing but concept? When I started this journal I did so with an idea in mind: that I would be exploring something, something objective, something that is fundamental to both who and what I actually am. It's that notion of ‘self realisation’ that got me interested in, again - another notion, ‘consciousness work’. I only do this work because I want to realise my actual self. Is this pure concept?

I find that it is concept but only until one actually does self realise, then it's no longer a conception. You see there's a very fine line between subjective and objective when it comes to spirituality, one can easily get lost in subjectivity while their initiative was to discover something outside of the mind. Practice is that fine line between the polarity. And so I guess the work in ‘consciousness work’ isn't as much of a notion than it is a key pointer. So my spiritual exploration is really just based on the work as much as it may appear to be based on concept. And so what spirituality actually refers to is both subjective and objective in its nature, it refers to the unlikely combo of conception and practicality. 

From the deductions made above it is clear that spirituality does not “transcend both concept and belief”, at least not according to logic. And so, one last question remains standing: Does spirituality have any significance outside concept? The answer to this question might just be far from black and white clarity.

[To be continued] 

Edited by Victor Mgazi

On 5/2/2020 at 11:31 AM, Victor Mgazi said:

If reality is nothing more than what I imagine it to be, why then do I cling to it? 

The fear of death. I'm trying to preserve my self image

Is this a fact or a belief?

Surrendering my self image to spirituality. 

What is spirituality? 

Does spirituality have any significance outside concept? In order to determine this, one has to rid spirituality of all concept and see whether or not spirituality still exists even so. We'll use the unconventional use of the term, where the transcendence is proposed.

Consciousness work and self realisation are the two major notions found in spirituality. So, let's start ridding. Is ‘realisation’ a word referring to concept or a direct experience? Realising is a phenomenon, it occurs in experience and therefore isn't abstract. Is ‘self’ a word referring to concept or a direct experience? Self is an idea, it is perceived in mind and therefore is abstract. Is ‘work’ a word that refers to concept or a direct experience? Work is a phenomenon, it's activity and productivity occuring in experience and therefore isn't abstract. Is ‘consciousness’ a word that refers to a concept or a direct experience? Consciousness , according to the connotations of this unconventional use, is neither a phenomenon nor a concept for it precedes both experiences.

Now, let's take a look at what remains and see whether or not spirituality still exists. Realisation, Work, Consciousness, these are what remained after ridding spirituality of concept. From this filtering, does spirituality still stand? It appears that it does since with the work in ‘consciousness work’ still being existent and the possibility of a realisation occuring also being existent, a discovery (although unknown) can still be made. However, this still doesn't prove how spirituality transcends objectiveness although it is seen how it is certainly present outside subjectivity.

In order to tell whether or not spirituality does transcend objectiveness one must rid the term of all objectivity and see if it still remains. Let's do some more ridding. Realisation is a word that refers to a phenomenon in experience and must therefore be removed as it's objective in nature. Work is also a word that refers to a phenomenon in experience and must therefore be removed as it's objective in nature. Consciousness is the only remaining thing as, according to the unconventional use, it precedes both objectivity and subjectivity. So, from this filtering, does spirituality still stand? Well, without realisation the notion of a ‘discovery being made’ hangs loose but only because we're still not certain what the nature of consciousness is.

This so called transcendence is still not apparent unless it is assumed that spirituality and consciousness are equal in being. The key pointer in the unconventional use is that a discovery must be made, that's the only thing that suggested that spirituality is not conception. Unless this notion can still stand with consciousness alone then spirituality is no longer existent, but that's only in meaning. It is not known yet what consciousness refers to and so it also has no meaning. In such a case, consciousness only refers to some presence, as all other words ultimately refer to the presence of something, whether subjective or objective. But because of the mystery of this presence, the term consciousness itself becomes a subject of discovery for it is yet to be known. 

Now, can it or can it not be assumed that spirituality and consciousness are equivalent in being? It appears that it can. If consciousness itself is a subject of discovery then spirituality, in the unconventional use, is still existent for ‘a discovery’ is to be made, the discovery of what the term consciousness refers to. Spirituality still stands, and it continues to stand outside both objectivity and subjectivity. In case of the argument that discovery is on its own is subjective in nature since it occurs in experience, let us negate this now by revealing that discovery is only subjective if it has an ending to it. Let's further negate this argument by suggesting that a discovery can never be final if that which is to be discovered has no finality in its being. 

So, if the mysterious presence in which the term consciousness refers to is infinite in its nature, then spirituality is most certainly outside subjectiveness and objectiveness. This unconventional use is bound by no concept and no experience, it is truly transcendent, according to this logic at least. Now then, to answer the question of whether or not spirituality has any significance outside concept, yes - it does. And for surviving the ridding process, it can be argued to be the most significant thing that can ever exist. But that's not the point of this post here, the whole point of this was to answer the million dollar question that is: What is spirituality?

Is it consciousness work? Is it self realisation? No, it's neither of these notions. These, at the end of the day are both implicit and exclusive, which makes them, although practical, subjective in their being. Spirituality can only be the infinite knowing of a fundamental presence. Infinite because the discovery has no finally. Fundamental because it precedes all concept and experience. Spirituality is now, whatever is happening or existing now is spirituality, for this now is being known and is the knowing itself. 

Spirituality = Knowing thy presence. And this is not a conclusion, it's spirituality God damnit! 

Know Thy Presence 

4 hours ago, Victor Mgazi said:

The fear of death. I'm trying to preserve my self image

It's ego. 

12 minutes ago, Victor Mgazi said:

It's ego. 

What is ego? 

1 hour ago, Victor Mgazi said:

What is ego? 

A thought-story that says that I'm identified and attached to imaginary form. 

What is thought-story ?

An idea.

What is the actual being of this idea ?

It's imaginary. 

Is that a fact or a belief?

It's observational.

What is being observed? 

Imagination

What is imagination? 

Fuck.. another thought-story.

What is the actual being of this thought-story?

I don't know.

What do you know? 

I know nothing but thought-stories? 

It's an observed thought-story.

What is going on in actuality? 

I don't know. I only know thought-stories.

It's a thought-story.

What knows that it's a thought-story