Some Fella

Leo & other pro-psychonaughts, what does "contemplation" look like on psychadelics?

7 posts in this topic

Is this the same as the ordinary verbal thinking done in Actualized.org's "how to contemplate" & "how to contemplate with a journal" videos, or is it more akin to thoughtlessly probing emptiness in self-inquiry or during no-mind meditation or samadhi? Or is it some kind of cutting-edge vision-logic post-verbal thinking that you have developed? If it's the last (I hope so, sounds exciting!), do you have any advice on how to develop this? Getting some 5meo for the first time soon & I want to get the most bang for my buck!

Thanks.

In all my trips I’ve never contemplated. It never occurred to me to look at it that way. It could be said to be bringing a condition to what is without conditions. Maybe I assumed Truth was the teacher and I was the student. 

Contemplation, imo, is none other than the thoughts which arose, which you utilized to express & type the op of the thread. There is a certain ‘clinging’ to that thought which arose, in ‘utilizing it’, to make the thread. Nothing “wrong” with that at all. Another perspective on it, would be...what if instead of “clinging” to it & “utilizing it”, you simply returned attention to perception & feeling (which indirectly lets the thought go). I suggest, in the clearing of the mind as such, that inevitably another thought would arise, one of more feeling, more of an insight than a thought. And if you let that insight go, another would arise with more feeling. I suggest this is because the source of you is the source of thoughts as well, and is loving you unconditionally, and wanting for you everything you are wanting. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

To successfully utilise psychedelics for self-development work which would include contemplative practise I find having a clearly defined intention is important, to give some focus/direction to the trip which one should be prepared to return to again and again in spite of what comes up. You will not find Absolute Truths, but the novel synthesis of emotion, verbalised thinking, mental visual imagery and unapologetic self-honesty can allow new perspectives to be drawn from what exists in ones conscious mind and other less obvious domains of cognition. Psychedelics are particularly suited IMO/E to unravelling those assumptions, core beliefs and programming which underpin the construction of that illusory sense of self, and seeing through this by becoming directly conscious of its real-time effects in producing your dysfunction/ character traits that are less than useful.

Different agents including combinations have their own preferred domains of investigation and this can vary between users. You will not get enlightened by using these compounds but they definitely give one a head start which one would not get as promptly from any other adjunct to the work.

Something that's not often discussed about psychedelics is how they can foster the breeding of subtle self-serving delusions/beliefs which are formulated by the identification of "insights" that sustain ones biases or solidify notions one hopes to be true rather than assessing matters dispassionately. This tends to happen more with the bigger Cosmic questions rather than self-analysis because the prism of honesty is more readily applied to the latter.   

@Corpus Wow, really clear answer, thank you. I liked what you said about "insights" being possibly self-deceptions, I'll be very curious to look out for that.

@Nahm thank you for such a wisdom-dense answer, I've re-read several times & get more juice out of it each time. This reply is basically just me organising my own thoughts on what you said, but if it evidences there being something that I've misunderstood or any details you would like to add, replies are deeply appreciated.

My take-away from what you said is: a  process of "repeated" letting go of what arises/occurs, such that one becomes increasingly awake, sinking deeper into insight.

Contemplation as "bringing a condition to what is without conditions" gave me a lot of food for thought. I have already noticed what I think u mean by this, whilst I was meditating on the nature of sound. I suddenly realised that all "sound" was, was a non-verbal thought that I was holding in the back of my mind (one might say; a belief in sound). When this thought was dropped, there was no sound, but I could still hear, only now what I was hearing (being) was samadhi/pure being, which turned out to be the answer I was looking for all along. This same process occured during self-inquiry, only it was with "me" & not "sound".

Thank you for mentioning that word "utilize" to describe the way i cling to my thoughts, I didn't notice until now, but that's the exact rationalization I use for my clinging just about every time.

In summary: Truth as the teacher...& we the pupil need take no notes, only shut our mouths and listen!???

@Some Fella Some fella just got me right in the feels. You got all the juice & more outta that one indeed. A single thought let go, “repeated” just as you said leads to samadhi, alignment, and inevitably purification and enlightenment. 

When it does, be sure to let it go. 

?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thats great to hear! Looking forward to going a little no-mind on the 5MeO & seeing where I'm taken!