Ya know

We aren't responsible for our actions - Leo's Free will V Determinism

7 posts in this topic

Hey, just watched this video and had some questions.

If people are at the mercy of cells upon cells making decisions for us - with our ego being the one who believes he is in charge, with our consciousness observing all of it, what does that make people who pursue spirituality and enlightenment? 

Are you just a lucky one in a lottery? Someone who has the right attributes in the right environment to discover these tools? And everyone else who doesn't do it was never going to do it? What are your thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, Ya know said:

Are you just a lucky one in a lottery?

There's no luck, but there is gratitude or jealousy.

Someone who has the right attributes in the right environment to discover these tools? And everyone else who doesn't do it was never going to do it?

A grateful person is unable to feel jealous and cannot fathom gratitude from a jealous person's perspective. And vice-versa for a jealous person. Jealousy is not a problem for the jealous, they're comfortable being devils, they're comfortable being themselves. Ignorance is bliss. However, when a devil awakens to his devilry, it's like when a vampire comes out to light. He has to burn in order to become pure, so he pays for it by dying. There's nothing new about this, it's just evolution and giving birth to new form. Labour has never been an easy task. Some things have to die in order to make way for new things. There's nothing bad about jealousy per se. It's rather simply 'outdated'. You're where you are because you've paid for it. No one point of view is actually better than any other. It's just a matter of perspective.

@The observer I think I paid for it because I had to give up every single thing that I was doing before wasn't working. I was miserable, doing drugs constantly, doing things I hated and acting like an asshole. I felt super entitled all the time, like people were constantly out to get me. I thought I was smarter than everyone else - like everyone was an idiot except me. I thought the only way to have fun was to win. To destroy others verbally, physically and emotionally.

I felt like it wasn't a choice though. I think things were destined to happen this way. I was on a path of self destruction and I guess grace did intervene. 

17 minutes ago, Ya know said:

@The observer 

I felt like it wasn't a choice though. I think things were destined to happen this way.

Of course, there's nothing personal about anything. Personal is illusory, as is choice. To put it another way, let's just say you were unaligned with God's will (even though that's technically false), and now you are. (I've been there too ?)

Edited by The observer

@The observer Ya man. Reminds me of that bit from the bible - ''It'll cost you everything''. I'm happy to give up my ego. It isn't really all that lol.

Enlightenment is a goal that chooses the ego because he wants to stop suffering. The thing is, to achieve enlightenment the ego must die and he doesnt want to. Thats why enlightenment is so hard. 

@Moreira is it possible that self hatred can be a benefit towards enlightenment? Is that what happened to Eckhart Tolle?

He hated his ego so much he was prepared to kill it, and his brain killed it before he had a chance.