Leon Bell

How You Quit Smoking?

42 posts in this topic

I quit smoking many years ago by simply understanding that everything is in the MIND. Once my body and lifestyle became healthier, my mind became more stable and controllable and i simply noticed that i only need a smoke when i see or think about one and that the addiction wasn't really there but simply an illusion and chemical imbalance in the mind/body complex.

This made it simple for me so i just stopped being around smokes or people that smoke for a while and after 4-6weeks i no longer had the craving when i saw them and i could refuse with ease. I did have the occasional smoke every now and then when i went out with friends and alcohol was involved but once i mastered how to refuse it on a altered or enhanced state of mind(if you will) i stopped completely. 

Hope this helps

B R E A T H E

My story with quitting smoking was rather quick... It starts with Saturday morning.

I used to party on Friday because I had to relax after the day at the office. Long story short, the party started late, and ended late. I was on my feet probably until 8am. Of course drunk people have stupid ideas, and since I've been a heavy smoker, I decided that smoking on the terrace is too time-consuming - you have to put on some clothes and that kind of thing). So I decided to smoke on the sofa. I wish I could say to myself that it is a huge huge mistake, but I was still slightly drunk. 

And here it was. I've fallen asleep. With a cigarette in my hand. I am such a lucky person that cigarette only burnt my skin, and didn't actually burnt my WHOLE apartment down with me, sleeping hungover on the sofa.

That was it. The one incident that decided I am quitting. There is one community in particular that helped me overcome the stupid habit: https://quitsmokingcommunity.org and I strongly advise their facebook support group, because it has some awesome people that supported me all the way.

Looking back I can't imagine how stupid I was and that self-improvement came from this accident. So many things changed in my life - suddenly I am not that terrible at the gym, and also I save A LOT of money. But I'm afraid that without the whole history it wouldn't come that easily.