Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JevinR

Childrens Minds

6 posts in this topic

My nephews and nieces are very young, their minds are susceptible. I remember my nephew one day that he was "so smart" now when we do activities he even repeates thing outloud, programming his own mind. What do I do? This is similar to churches programming children, their knowledge graphs. I want them to think for themselves, to be self-actualized. To become enlightened and operate from their rather than the falsehood of the ego and the desire that comes with it. It may be a religious approach, but I don't what other approach to take, maybe I should let them be?

Edited by JevinR

7 hours ago, JevinR said:

My nephews and nieces are very young, their minds are susceptible. I remember my nephew one day that he was "so smart" now when we do activities he even repeates thing outloud, programming his own mind. What do I do? This is similar to churches programming children, their knowledge graphs. I want them to think for themselves, to be self-actualized. To become enlightened and operate from their rather than the falsehood of the ego and the desire that comes with it. It may be a religious approach, but I don't what other approach to take, maybe I should let them be?

maybe you should become enlightened first :)

We have to fall asleep in order to wake up. -noideawhosaidthis

i wouldnt worry about it. lead by example, not by suggestion. you cant control their minds. 

@JevinR, when they are your own child/children it's that feeling times a million. What 99th monkey said above, is what Leo said too...lead by example for sure... and maybe limit peer culture as much as possible while they are most susceptible...

It's like these fathers that want to live through their children by forcing them to become professional athletes or whatever. Even if the father thinks it comes from a good place, it usually fucks the kids up mentally. Even if the father verbally thinks he's doing this for the good of his kid, it usually comes from a deep internal insecurity of the parent. It's is actually that bad energy that will get transmitted to the child, not the verbal intention. The best thing you can do is to love the child unconditionally, that way he will stay closest to 'truth'. Even though you don't have real control over anyone's trajectory in life. 

We all pick up beliefs in our lives, it is a part of being human. There is no way to get around that. Everyone has to go on their own "spiritual journey" to find their own truth eventually. 

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)