Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ya know

Spirituality as productive procrastination

2 posts in this topic

Hey,

I feel like I'm using spirituality as procrastination. I'm not really doing anything to make money after losing my job, except meditating, journalling, taking a mentoring program and reading. 

In A new Earth, Eckhartt says that discovering presence is my primary purpose, and from that my action will flow. 

I've completed the LP course and came out with ''improving the lives of others with knowledge'', and have committed to writing it for 90 days. Honestly though, I don't know if that what i'm about. Should I go through it again? 

I think my passions are comedy and basketball. Two things I genuinely care about, alongside learning, creativity, open mindedness.

I would not say that is is procrastination, but making money is something that you are going to want to figure out sooner rather than later. Following spiritual pursuits seems to be well worth the time from what I have gathered so far. I think that you are on the right track with maintaining that. But you  should consider working on finding a better balance between the two. It's going to get much harder as you get older to produce income to survive. 

It would not hurt to do the course again at all. I think that it could be beneficial to do that. But I also think that it would be worth giving some pursuits a shot that do revolve around that and really see what you like. Go actively try a pursuit for 12 months and see where it really takes you. If you don't discover your LP, then at the very least some experience and you will start to see what you don't want to do.