Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MNR Mackey

I hope you're all doing well

2 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Today I was struck by a very heavy feeling that is actually kind of hard to describe. Im a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician who mostly does supermarket refrigeration which has me in very close proximity to the general public on a daily basis for 12 and 14 hours a day pretty regularly. Being exposed to large numbers of people in these troubling times has been very stressful with the high risk of contracting Coronavirus. Also, our work has been restricted to strictly essential work like keeping the larger systems functioning properly. This week Ive been working nights after the stores have closed to reduce contact with people.

Ive been feeling it, my co workers have been feeling it, and today I went back to my company's office to submit some paperwork, and noticed that my service manager who's usually a very stoic, strong, enduring man seemed very much not himself, almost depressed. Ive known him for 5 years now and have never seen him like this. Hes very disciplined and emotionally solid and stands up well to stress but today he just seemed done in.

Seeing him like this hit me pretty hard because it made me realize that if hes feeling the strain of the COVID19 emergency, the rest of us mortals must be as well. 

I hope all of you are practicing some radical Self Love during these challenging times. Theres little doubt in my mind that when this is all over, the world will not be the way it has been. Its going to be a very different place but, hopefully the majority of us see it as proof that we all need to exercise leadership and be there for and supportive of those who need it most.

Stay strong.