jes

Cure Of Perfectionism

18 posts in this topic

Hi my actualized.org family how are you ? 

I want to hear from you about this topic ?

I am surprised i'm about to say this but -leo has an all right video about it

also brene brown has some ok ted talks...

but what is it your asking?  it's exhausting ,kinda silly, problematic, are you having problems with perfectionism?

well shoot-now i'm wondering what you have to say about the subject...

perfectionism seems really safe ...problematic in lots of ways... perfectionism is one of my favorite things- also causes me massive problems .  its a     crazy interesting subject

how about you?

@jes In my experience the only cure for this really is awakening.  Find a teacher, have the experience, embody the teacher.  Soon enough you will experience aloneness on the path. I imagine after that we give up all ideas and seeking for perfection.:)

Or, watch a video.  Whatever floats ya boat :P

Truly realising that nothing can be perfect is the ultimate cure for perfectionism

- Enter your fear and you are free -

3 hours ago, jes said:

Hi my actualized.org family how are you ? 

I want to hear from you about this topic ?

well, I kinda wanna hear from you on this topic-I mean after all you brought it up.

what do you think? :) 

"embody the teacher"-shit mal-that seems a little extreme :)-are you suggesting people should pattern themselves after someone else?

@governor It seems extreme.  Embody the teacher means surrender to the teaching. The teacher who is enlightened can help you slip into experience of surrender.

Then when that happens you become attached to the teacher.  You notice your dependency.  Then you notice it's not enough and that you are ultimately alone because even your master isn't perfect.

Understanding this means letting go of ideas of seeking perfection.  Once that seeking has been extinguished then one is independent for the first time. 

To put it simply, the final search in life is the ultimate search for enlightenment.  When you realise that even enlightenment is false, what have you got left? Your dreams collapse because you know seeking is pointless.

23 minutes ago, governor said:

"embody the teacher"-shit mal-that seems a little extreme :)-are you suggesting people should pattern themselves after someone else?

It's not a case of patterning. It's just that you see what he/she sees in a direct way. If somebody is enlightened liberated they see things from the Absolute.  How can one not embody that? The enlightened teacher is the embodiment of the Dharma, they are not speaking from their personality.  Once you tap in you speak the same things as the Buddah spoke. There is only one Buddah and he speaks the same truth in all people when awakened.

It's like a fire, you take some of their fire and it starts to light inside you. The same fire :)

Everything everybody says about liberation from the perspective of non liberation is absolute horse shit. It's fantasy. That's why I said you could watch a video, or you could actually do the real work instead of moving ideas around in the dream and making some philosophy about it. 

Edited by Mal

mal--that makes much more sense.i misunderstood. could use just go ahead and define this word for me please so I don't have to go look it up?

@governor Dharma means the Buddah nature as far as I'm concerned. 

From what I understand we need an embodiment in human form, because how can "nothingness" be otherwise expressed of it were not through a teacher? 

53 minutes ago, Mal said:

Then when that happens you become attached to the teacher. You notice your dependency. Then you notice it's not enough and that you are ultimately alone because even your master isn't perfect.

:D

Edited by Natasha

17 minutes ago, Mal said:

@Natasha

Everything is nonsense. Including the teacher :)

Yes, the video is a funny parody, if you care to LOL 9_9

5 minutes ago, Mal said:

@Natasha Pardon? Why would I "LOL" at your video? ¬¬

Cos it's hilarious 9_9