Nick68

Is NAC a good immune booster for the virus?

4 posts in this topic

Is NAC a good immune booster for the virus?

I think NAC is more therapeutic than preventative. For people who either have a glutathione deficiency, cancer, toxicity or any other condition that is devastating their antioxidant defences, NAC can help as long as the other amino acids for glutathione synthesis ( glutamate, glycine) are present. Or if there is a genetic snip on a gene responsible for glutathione production. 

In terms of prevention or supplementing "just in case" you would probably be better of ensuring you eat a sufficient amount of dietary protein to have all glutathione precursors as well as cofactors (B6 and few other, don't remember anymore)

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Personally, i would save it until you start getting respiratory symptoms. I have some, but it is such a powerful antioxidant multiple sources say it may interfere with muscle building pathways/recovery (relevant for people who engage in intense exercise). Instead I just stick to real-food antioxidants: blueberries, blackberries, raw cacao, matcha green tea, strawberries, pomegranates, spinach, ect. as well as other immune boosters like tumeric/ginger/echinacea and then other adaptogenic herbs like tulsi/holy basil. 

OR if you have some other compromises in your body like not getting adequate sleep, are extremely stressed, then I might pop some. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry