Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EternalForest

Actualized.org Nostalgia

3 posts in this topic

Lately I've been getting nostalgic about 2017. This is the year that I discovered actualized.org. I remember during my days off I would put on his videos and listen while calmly looking out the window on bright sunny days and just be amazed at the amount of wisdom and deep insights I was hearing. Over the years, the videos have gotten better and better, and I've grown to love the metaphysical and spiritual content. But at the same time I think there was a certain magic in Leo's more motivational content from 2014 to 2017. It was such an inspiring feeling listening to him back then, it felt as if he was speaking directly to me when he explained how to escape depression, how to use meditation to improve your life, how build a foundation for success, how to conquer your emotions, and how to see the big picture of life and take action to accomplish your goals and life purpose. I remember those days so fondly, listening to his guided meditations while staring at the beautiful summer sky, taking long meditative drives while being motivated, dreaming and having a sense of wonder, being positive about the future ahead. The newer videos are valuable too, perhaps in a different way I can't fully recognize yet (above my current level), but I was just wondering, does anyone else get nostalgic about Leo's early content?

Edited by EternalForest

I agree a little bit, but I don't think that it's about the videos being different as much as it was about me finding exactly the right videos at exactly the right time back then. I knew so little that there still was so much to learn just by listening to the videos, the most basic thing could be mindblowing.

However, my life is so much better in every way right now and I like to think that I've gotten at least a little bit wiser so I guess that just comes with not being able to feel as mindblown directly without actually putting in some more work to meditate etc

Nowadays I feel like Leo's work (old as new) is just one nieche source of information of many to me, which is probably a much healthier way to go about it, but it was pretty sweet being so ignorant and dysfunctional that I could get all of the advice I thought I'd ever need from one channel and get crazy results almost instantly ?

Hehe yea

There's a video of his in a different shirt in his younger days. 

And the other video where he talks about stoicism. Cute. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.