Mada_

First time being rejected

3 posts in this topic

Today a girl I really liked told me that she did not want to pursue a romantic relationship with me.

This was a new experience to me, as I have always been the one to remove myself from relationships.

At first, I read the words and it hurt me. I realised what people meant when they said "broken heart", as it almost physically hurt within my chest. I inquired into this feeling into my chest, and got the sense that I was creating it. Like my personal view of this girl did not align with the change that occurred in reality, so then it caused pain. The word "attachment" also showed up in this situation, I was attached to the idea of being in a relationship with this girl, and I really liked her and what she stood for. This gave me empathy for people who go through divorces, and breakup with their partners after years of commitment... Ouch. 

Feeling through the experience allowed me to tolerate what was happening, and now it feels like I my focus has come back to transforming my life. I think I was a little bit needy at times, but not overtly, it was just that I would be the one to text first and ask if she wanted to catch up, and I would do this a couple times a week. Through questioning, various practices and focusing my attention onto what is important to me in life, I am sure that these boundaries will become clearer.

Good for you. The universe is teaching you something with this and keeping you single for something better. Maybe soon there will be a girl you like even more that will have interest in you. Maybe she’ll be a hot witch. We’ll see, if so, make another thread about it.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry