TheSomeBody

cognetive science and psycadelics

6 posts in this topic

i am pretty sure that my purpose right now is about researching about how the mind work, mostly because i think that our understanding about the human mind is pretty robotic and bad without any understanding what is going on.when i healed my depression i understood that we dont really know how the mind is working, mostly on some superficial level but not the depth of it.  psycadelics really opened my eyes for this understanding , it reviels the mechanism of the mind. i want to be a psychonaut but i want to build some understanding and really effects our understanding of it as a society.

for now i am not gonna be a psychonaut for 4 years because of my age (21) so i want to have so skills for building theories and gathering knowlege about the mind. i study psycology and philosophy in college but i really not sure if it is the way to go, i thought about doing ma in cognetive science and psycology but i am not sure if it is the way to go of if it just  a wast of time. 

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

I think we will see a big boom of industry in psychedelics in our lifetime. However, I could not tell you the exact path that is best. I think being an entrepreneur in the field gives you much more wiggle rooms and allows you to maximize self education. However, I do realize that is not that path that everyone wants to take. I think these types of things would be maximized in therapy type sessions, but it is hard to say who would be allowed to guide these types of sessions. There is also the science of it out there too and studies of it in general. There is a lot of ways that you could go about it. Learning about the mind is fairly deep and it depends on what you want to learn about specifically. If you are trying to combined the knowledge of mind and psychedelics, then science might be the way to go. But that is so hard to say really because there is not much out there catering to this pursuit. 

I think advocacy about the helpful uses and benefits is probably one of the largest major things that one can be doing right now. So you might find that studying it and teaching others about the uses and benefits could be a really good way to help give that understanding to society that you want. There is a lot of ways you can do that though. I think independent research and experimentation is good with them to start. Invest in some good books around them. Find the best teachers about them. I have found some really high quality sub reddits regarding them too it seems like. Also, invest into learning about the mind as much as possible with those resources as well.

Now of course you should carve your own path. Those are just some suggestions. I don't think modern education has anything that jumps out to me as something that would benefit your pursuit directly. Now like I said though you can find all sorts of ways to change those things. You can also add your own twist to the positions currently available and combined them with the use of psychedelics. It sounds like you are not quite clear on the direction you want to go in with it though either. So take some more time to really analyze that. 

I would try to find what you have the most passion in though. If you want it to be relating to those things that is fine. But aim to figure out what gives you the most energy and fulfillment in life. It could be teaching, coaching, counseling, studying, writing, speaking, making videos, etc. Then combined that with your passion and interests in the fields you are thinking about. 

So maybe you might find that you are really passionate about how psychedelics help with depression. Now you can aim your pursuits to something gearing towards that, then finding out how you want to bring that to the world. I feel like that would really help clear up the confusion on what you want to study. 

3 hours ago, Average Investor said:

I think we will see a big boom of industry in psychedelics in our lifetime. However, I could not tell you the exact path that is best. I think being an entrepreneur in the field gives you much more wiggle rooms and allows you to maximize self education. However, I do realize that is not that path that everyone wants to take. I think these types of things would be maximized in therapy type sessions, but it is hard to say who would be allowed to guide these types of sessions. There is also the science of it out there too and studies of it in general. There is a lot of ways that you could go about it. Learning about the mind is fairly deep and it depends on what you want to learn about specifically. If you are trying to combined the knowledge of mind and psychedelics, then science might be the way to go. But that is so hard to say really because there is not much out there catering to this pursuit. 

I think advocacy about the helpful uses and benefits is probably one of the largest major things that one can be doing right now. So you might find that studying it and teaching others about the uses and benefits could be a really good way to help give that understanding to society that you want. There is a lot of ways you can do that though. I think independent research and experimentation is good with them to start. Invest in some good books around them. Find the best teachers about them. I have found some really high quality sub reddits regarding them too it seems like. Also, invest into learning about the mind as much as possible with those resources as well.

Now of course you should carve your own path. Those are just some suggestions. I don't think modern education has anything that jumps out to me as something that would benefit your pursuit directly. Now like I said though you can find all sorts of ways to change those things. You can also add your own twist to the positions currently available and combined them with the use of psychedelics. It sounds like you are not quite clear on the direction you want to go in with it though either. So take some more time to really analyze that. 

I would try to find what you have the most passion in though. If you want it to be relating to those things that is fine. But aim to figure out what gives you the most energy and fulfillment in life. It could be teaching, coaching, counseling, studying, writing, speaking, making videos, etc. Then combined that with your passion and interests in the fields you are thinking about. 

So maybe you might find that you are really passionate about how psychedelics help with depression. Now you can aim your pursuits to something gearing towards that, then finding out how you want to bring that to the world. I feel like that would really help clear up the confusion on what you want to study. 

i think i am passonate about how the inner mechanic of the psyche works . 

just saw this research and i am pretty optimistic now for learning cognition

@TheSomeBody That was incredible. Thanks so much for sharing that. I would enjoy more if you are wanting to share them.

If you like reading that kind of material I would guess a science route might be the direction you might consider. However, it just depends on which end of it you want to be on really. Do you like doing the studies or doing the reading of the studies? 

7 hours ago, Average Investor said:

@TheSomeBody That was incredible. Thanks so much for sharing that. I would enjoy more if you are wanting to share them.

If you like reading that kind of material I would guess a science route might be the direction you might consider. However, it just depends on which end of it you want to be on really. Do you like doing the studies or doing the reading of the studies? 

i guess both and also taking . without trying them it is pretty hard to understand them.

@TheSomeBody Honestly, I would consider keeping your research up and consider trying them. If it is something you want to put your life into I think that would be most important to see the results yourself. But I can respect the fact if you want to wait until a certain age too.