Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fortifyacacia3

"Eidomorphism: The Philosophy of Ontological Mathematics" By Neven Knezevic?

3 posts in this topic

Anyone read "Eidomorphism: The Philosophy of Ontological Mathematics" by Neven Knezevic? 

It seems interesting but, from the excerpts I've read, it almost sounds like he misunderstands Gödel. Wittgenstein misunderstanding him also for that matter.. is there insight here in understanding Gödel? I'll definitely draw my own conclusions once I read, but curious if people here have any familiarity with it.

Eidomorphism puts its own perspective and spin on Godel's incompleteness theorem so that it can fit into Leibniz's monadology paradigm. If THAT is how you define misunderstanding, then yes he does. But doesn't everyone put their own spin onto anything they read or cognise? Aren't we all misunderstanding by default? How do you know whether he is misunderstanding him or not? He's dead, you can't ask Godel to clarify, and even if you could, how would you know if what came out of Godel's mouth is being interpreted correctly by you?

Are you actually asking, 'it seems interesting, but from the excerpts I've read, it doesn't fit my paradigm and my paradigm is cool and awesome and spiritual and above these intellectuals because its spiritual and therefore they are misinterpreting Godel, and I'm not sure if I should read this book because it might disappoint me and try to convince me to change my paradigm and that would be aweful because my paradigm is better than theirs and if I loose it I will loose my cool paradigm... ohh and its not a paradigm, its the truth because Godel made it and he's enlightened as fuck'