Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mongu9719

How to tell if you are forcing growth

4 posts in this topic

When I started watching actualised.org, I didn’t know about the spiral dynamics model, and knowledge of it completely shattered my world view. After this realisation, I started watching many stage turquoise content and got into yoga and other spiritual pursuits. I know that I’m not a stage turquoise, yet much of still resonates with me. If i forced my growth by meditating all day or doing powerful psychedelics, would that negatively impact me? Would it be a natural outcome? It’s hard for me to pinpoint what stage I am now, because it seems like there was some kind of artificial intervention in my growth process after discovering Leo’s videos. Don’t get me wrong, they helped me tremendously, but I don’t want to convince myself that I’m at stage turquoise when I’m really not. Any ideas on how to pursue a more natural growth process?

You can’t skip stages. It wouldn’t be a spiral anymore. 

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

You cannot force growth.

Egoic internal effort is antithetical to the open and perceptive state you (ideally) rediscover through meditation.

Internal effort will lead to "external" stagnation.

And spiral dynamics is about the level of complexity with which you can/do perceive the "external" world.

Therefore development through force cannot happen.

Maybe try to determine at what point in life you were at what stage. Read some detailed descriptions.

Just a suggestion: Have you considered stage green?

It is a stage that is often open to spiritual ideas, but in a more "ritualised" or "culturalised" way (like a modern lifestyle choice) and does not fully "get" it yet.