Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pouya

Iran's cultural leap

3 posts in this topic

You might consider Iran a less developed country (which is true to some degrees) but the last dacade there is a gradual but reletively big movement in Iranian culture. Specially the youth like me.

The problem here is that the islamic regime is very defencive and treditional, a blue/red stage goverment. But the people are evolving into Green and it creates a huge gap between people and the authority.

Feminism and LGBT movements are popular in social media, women are protesting against Hijab, most iranians are secular and athiestic and became very anti religioun, people are not falling behind from political correctness and free speech, and as you might have heard, people are protesting the currupt goverment lately. How they react? Shoot people in the fucking head! (They brought mentally unstable and fragile units with AKs to kill people, 1500 and more died this year)

40 years ago the 79 revolution was Iran's devolving from a secular orange country into blue dogma. Just check out how people looked and lived before and after 1979 here.

And there were very strict beliefs about sexual relationships and virginity, only being legal in marriage. Now the youth is more liberal and sexually open. For example being virgin at 18 is very normal here but that age might be lower in your country if it's western and first world.

And now around 70% of people are not voting next year, because every time we get disappointed by how different poeple and the goverment thinks. People want stable economey and jobs, they want to destroy Isreal and preach islam. O.o

And if you see people saying "death to usa and isreal" please remember, they are the bottom 30% (at most) of developed people. Most of them are dogmatic or doing it for financial benefit.

People see Iran the same as Iraq or Saudi arabia, but if you dig a little deeper to see how people actually are living their lives here, you'll see there's a very obvious difference and cultural gaps in many ways.

I really think of my country as a big joke. The more I know about its history, the more funny and tragic it gets. But at least things are changing a little bit. I hope Middle-eastern people get more consciouss and aware of the bullshit that's going on here and make a huge leap into being more nuanced and developed.

I'm very glad to hear that. We will do our best to protest US regression, here in NATO member states. Stay safe bro. 

@RareGodzilla thanks mate :)

And you know what's the funny thing about Iranians? They fucking love people from other countries. Eastern or Western, we just love meeting them and visiting them.

But see how are Iranians portraited, angry nationalist people who hate everyone xD 

It's like saying all Americans are the redneck christian stereotype. That's just limiting.

Edited by Pouya