jes

What Extent Life Purpose Is Healthy

11 posts in this topic

Is it ok to proceed forward towards life purpose ,and sacrifice some of own values, even take a risk living with people who may harm you and you are aware of it  , because life purpose is all that matters ?

Sorry you must think for your self by analising the situation. I can say this your life purpose should ideally be aligned with your values. You can also try to find diffrent ways of persuing your life purpose. 

I would zoom out one step and advice you to not ask what is ok and not ok. Blindly following rules from other people might lead to neurotic behaviors, no matter where the rules come from (I'm obviously not telling you to break the law though). Get in touch with your true inner self and connect with other people in order to relate to how they handled similar problems. Self help books are a great example. This forum could be another great example.

I can't imagine any life purpose which can go against your values. Take a risk living with people who may harm you? I guess if you provide a more concrete example this community may help you in a more effective way.

The great thing about life purpose is how open ended it is. I recommend that you write out a list of life purposes that appeal to you and narrow down the life purposes to the ones that make you feel the most passionate or possibly combine the life purposes all together like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle. Once you choose a purpose or write down your life purpose ideas, write "how will I apply the life purposes?" and write concrete examples of your life purpose. Read many sources about life purpose and study it in depth! Ask people about their life purpose to learn more about purpose! Life purpose is fascinating to learn about! 

thanks everyone , I have a question , I am working on inner core ( basically practising consciousness ) , and I was being taught ,the decision will be taken from inner being ,and whatever it will choose for you , be happy with that ,NOW as I am going to a place where my abusers are living ,how can it be still in my favor ( that produce resistance for me today) but I am still moving towards what is being chosen for me ? 

@jes just be careful. It requires a lot of inner work to find what your zone of genius is . Remember we are deeply conditioned by society , we've internalised models ,rules and it's very tricky to find your "calling".

@Donald I agree ,what you are saying ,I am aware lot of hard and time ,but when i am not fully developed and , life is moving around me ( the real time) how to proceed ?

I am not aware of your life dynamics, I can try to give you an advice but it would be generic . It's easy to tell others just "be yourself".  LEARN HOW YOU WORK .( I'm saying this more as a reminder to myself ?)

@jes Hi jes,

You have answered your own question without realising it :)

You say you're not in the right frame of mind to cope with an abusive environment.

But you are waiting for your core being to let you know if an abusive environment is right for you or not. 

It might be helpful to read my words in the context of looking at a mirror.

Mal

@Donald

19 minutes ago, Donald said:

It's easy to tell others just "be yourself".

beautiful words :) thanks 

18 minutes ago, Mal said:

You have answered your own question without realising it :)

Look like my core being is developing , I totally relate what you just said , Appreciated :) stay blessed