Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rush

Life Purpose- Becoming An Obligation

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

Is there not a risk with a life purpose that it becomes an obligation, like a job, which makes it less appealing to pursue ? 

For example, if you enjoyed something in your spare time as a hobby, which then becomes the purpose, it now becomes an obligation and makes it less appealing to pursue ? Should you keep enjoyable hobby's separate to the purpose ?

Life purpse is a job, it's a next level career with impact statement. You can't earn money and only do the things you like to do there are always annoying tasks involved. Some people like their jobs some don't there are certain factors that determine if a job is likeable that is:

First of all focus on what you can give, not what you can get out of your work. (Like will i be happy, will this fullfill me, is this my passion. NO! passion will come after you mastered a certain skill and give massive value)

Get a lot of control, so work for yourself make your own schedule.

Get a certain skill and go mastery mode on it, this will bring you in flow state. The better you get the more fullfilling it becomes.

If you want more information on Life Purpose get leo's course. A good book on this subject is So Good They Can't Ignore You. (In this post I am all anti-passion but there is a balance ofcourse. I just wrote it like this to swing your pendulum to the other side. )