Annoynymous

How much does grade matter?

12 posts in this topic

This question is for my friends who live in western countries. How much does grade matter? Like bachelor grades.  Are they important to have a good job?

I have been planning on moving to Canada by admitting into a grad school. Then i want to get Permanent Residency and live there. Will it be hard for me to get a job after post graduation in a field which is not related to academics? I am planning on doing post grad in social science related subject as i majored in that.

The reason of posting this here is i want to move because i think it is essential for my personal development.  

Edited by Annoynymous

Creativity grade.

I won't bother convincing you though because I know how strong the current is.

The lighthouse, in reality, not the intersubjective reality, is how creative you can make yourself in those three to four or whatever years, that's what distinguishes you from the rest of the other mice in the educational running wheel. You need to get off the running wheel and instead of running miles figure out how to create better running wheels.

3 years of that and you'll be way, way ahead of your counterparts.

But like I said, you have a far greater likelihood of following the current here so if I have any advice, that's the most important thing to be aware of. Where the currents going and whether there's a better direction, most of the time, given orca whales are smarter than the average human, there certainly is.

Other than that, yeah if education "has to be your ticket" then sure whatever grade point average you gotta achieve do that but given your brain will inevitably start seeing patterns that others don't you'll probably naturally fall into the entrepreneurship route after year 1 or two with enough diligence in the noted direction.

Edited by Raw Nature

I kinda get what you are saying.

Don't you think it will take some time to start something entrepreneurial given that i would be new to a particular country?i think it will take few years just to merge into new society and understand it a little bit more.

Agree with @Raw Nature . If you're conscious enough, the entrepreneurship route is almost inevitable in 21st century if you want to build up good conditions for yourself

@Annoynymous

In Canada, There are very few situations or employers that would request your specific grades, having the distinction (bachelor, masters, phd, etc.) is typically sufficient.  How you present with your resume/CE, your writing skills, your language skills, your interpersonal skills and general communication skills are more important than grades.  

@Hello from Russia

One of the biggest things the education system takes away from people is the natural learning process with respect to being rewarded for good beliefs and punishment from reality for bad beliefs.

This is because you're stuck in a system where mediocrity is tolerated and excellence not admired enough.

For every thought, feeling and action we have there is a cost.

This incredibly simple understanding is lost in much of general western society, and so people are less happy, less actualised, less functional in reality because they are not forced to consistently test the abilities they have about reality, instead they're allowed to create nonsensical identity politics, create nonsensical petitions against presidential leaders, run nonsense ads on television that degrade peoples perceptions of reality, and so on and so fourth.

We don't respect reality enough anymore, and so our philosophies about life and subsequent cultures we build about life continue stagnate, along with our prefrontal cortex given that the contemplation of cost is at the mercy of resisting thinking, feeling and action tendencies.

Cost is probably one of the most important words in the english langauge, we use it every day almost when we think about buying something but rarely do people learn to slowly build their minds to the point where they're strong enough to apply it to as noted their thoughts, feelings and actions.

Its why education, without even trying, is inherently corrupt relative to its application to reality, it does not respect the seeking of and adherence to truth.

@exhale i see. Lets say i don't wanna have a job and want to create something of my own. In that case, how would you define Canada as a place for entrepreneural activity? Is it easy there to start a business? 

@Hello from Russia And yeah agreed, at least working to become an entrepreneur will teach you so many more life skills than going to college.

People are being so brainwashed by this "education" meme, its total nonsense though.

All that really matters is the development of the prefrontal cortex and in general, creativity (which includes planning and strategy).

By learning critical thinking in the real world you learn real darn quick about this cost thing I brought up, that with every thought there are consequences. If you're right you'll feel it, if you're wrong you'll feel it. This is the problem of too much safety in kids playgrounds for example, they don't get that feedback to modulate and adapt their behaviour best. Societies like that little kid, and because there's pads everywhere we now fall way behind the eightball as our PFC's aren't being forced to kick into full motion. I've made a thread about RBE (resource based economy) and one of the arguments against that is "well people's minds will become lazy!", no its the opposite, peoples minds are lazy now because in capitalism both the government and the business market are incentivised to propagandise their minds with things they don't need and shouldn't need and that are harmful for them! Its total monkey business.

1 hour ago, Raw Nature said:

@Hello from Russia And yeah agreed, at least working to become an entrepreneur will teach you so many more life skills than going to college.

People are being so brainwashed by this "education" meme, its total nonsense though.

All that really matters is the development of the prefrontal cortex and in general, creativity (which includes planning and strategy).

By learning critical thinking in the real world you learn real darn quick about this cost thing I brought up, that with every thought there are consequences. If you're right you'll feel it, if you're wrong you'll feel it. This is the problem of too much safety in kids playgrounds for example, they don't get that feedback to modulate and adapt their behaviour best. Societies like that little kid, and because there's pads everywhere we now fall way behind the eightball as our PFC's aren't being forced to kick into full motion. I've made a thread about RBE (resource based economy) and one of the arguments against that is "well people's minds will become lazy!", no its the opposite, peoples minds are lazy now because in capitalism both the government and the business market are incentivised to propagandise their minds with things they don't need and shouldn't need and that are harmful for them! Its total monkey business.

Completely agree. Quit university couple years ago and don't look back

1 hour ago, Annoynymous said:

@exhale i see. Lets say i don't wanna have a job and want to create something of my own. In that case, how would you define Canada as a place for entrepreneural activity? Is it easy there to start a business? 

From my own research, near all Tier 1 western countries are generally good and among the best at starting your own biz. If you start online, though, and go internationally, it doesn't matter where you are located.

@Annoynymous I believe it is, but I do not know how Canada would relate to other countries.

To be successful, your entrepreneurial activity needs to provide value to the consumer.  Therefore, it is the quality and uniqueness of your "product" that matters.  Shitty generic ideas won't work in even the most entrepreneurial society.  

Edited by exhale