Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JonasVE12

Taking supplements before blood work

2 posts in this topic

So I’m getting comprehensive blood work done at a functional medicine doctor and I’m thinking about something. I’ve been taking some supplements on and off for the last few months such as vitamine d, omega 3, probiotics, milk thistle, spirulina, chlorella, shilajit, cilantro tincture, vitamine c, MSM. I was not consistent with taking them. I’ve not taken any supplements this last week and today they have taken blood from me and going to send it to the lab. Will the fact that I’ve taken supplements recently interfere with my blood test in the sense that it might give the illusion of false negatives, While if you would base the blood work on my diet without supplements, maybe some parameters would show positive? 

If it was on and off probably not a lot but I'd cut all the supplementation at least 48 hours prior to the test. Best to ask the practitioner. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus