OmniYoga

Osho - Trust

1 post in this topic

I enjoy his style showing the abusurdity of the condition of the human mind, I somtimes laught while reading it.
He tries to explain pardoxes, which is not easy,
some of his metaphors, alegories and analogies are simply brilliant.

If you didn't have the direct experience of that paradox probably reading won't help, you lack mental framework to grasp it, you create just an idea, that is how it works from my experience with PUA and understanding how some of the attraction paradoxes works,  
it's better otherwsie, you expirence the paradox - then you put that into context and gain deeper understanding, You won't even belief in some things without self experience reference point, the mind will block that out, as not that is not possible.
I assume it works the same way in spirituality. 

He pointed that too in the book, the cognition is the only thing that matters, rest is just accumulation knowledge from the outside, which is just junk in the mind.

He also said that that when he use word like Trust - it has different meaning for him, it's not what we think in our dualstic minds.

I found one thing to be missaccrued, he said that animals don't make wars - only humans do, kind of pointing at the ego I guess,
but as far I as I know chimpanzees have wars too, it's not just human trait, but I guess I graps what he meant overall

anyway he is bluntly honest - he doesn't make guru from himself
he clearly says there is no any savior and there will never be,
is a chilidish need to be protected by a father - it has nothing to do with real god, he can't make you awaken, it's your job, you have freedom to do it, you have choice 

At one point I've also noticed one obvious contradiction. He talks about that he can't give you advice or help you, he is empty like buddha was - just a presence, he can be present around you, but he can't tell you what to do, since there is none to give you advice to begin with (the concept of no-self) just awarness ...
nevertheless the book IS actually kind of advice itself, filled with dos and don'ts

there is nothing new I guess in the book - it's same thing being told in different shades of lights, by words
like in all spirutal text books - if you're really think about - it's all the same thing - yet somehow we still won't get it

I am not at the level o trust - 
I am full of doubts - but is better to be autenticlly doubtful
than a fake believer or a dogma keeper out of fear.
I am rational - I don't trust heart and emotions, if I would be honest with myself
I think life is a failure as a default, until you put effort to fix, but even then there is no guarantee to succeed in life
so how can I trust in that conditions ... 
I still want to win.

In general the problem I have with his books is that they are great in the moment, teaching seems to be so obvious
but when I try to recall it, what I have read or tell someone else what it was about - I have very hard time to do it.

No raiting cuz I don't see the point of it -
the beauty or lack of it is in the eyes of a reader - not the book itself.

Edited by OmniYoga