mind_blown

How to deal with collective ego backlash

6 posts in this topic

I live in a third world country where most of self development is focused on spiral dynamics blue and orange concepts.

I've started my self actualization journey years ago but I've always seem to succumb to either personal or collective back sliding.Being young and still depending on my family sabotages things I can say for myself, I always get guilty or felt some kind of shame when I'm trying to develop a new habit(eating healthy, meditation, mindfullness,etc) as no one around me seems to care and I could be forced around to do things that can ruin my practices.

Is there any advice for someone like me who wants to raise their consciousness but don't want to be seen as an Ahole to people around me.

I know ultimately their opinions don't matter and all I have to do is to stay on my life journey but these opinions can really affect my mood and thinking especially when I'm all alone in this journey..

Sorry for bad English and if this post is longer that it should be but any help will be much appreciated~ :)

1 hour ago, mind_blown said:

Is there any advice for someone like me who wants to raise their consciousness but don't want to be seen as an Ahole to people around me.

That, right there, that is a virus that social conditioning created to infect your mind with bullshit that keeps you stuck in the hell of ignorance with them. 

I am from Brazil, so i know what you are talking about. The average level of consciousness here is shitty but thanks to non-intentional social isolation and great inner-suffering i managed to break free from the collective hypnosis people here seem to be under, my own family included.

This path isn't for the weak, you have to be willing to be the leader of yourself, think independently and do shit no one near you is doing. Fuck their opinion, seriously. This guilt you feel is an unconscious mechanism designed and implemented by those around you (usually family) in order for you not to abandon them. Your environment will have a strong gravitational pull but you have to be stronger than that and get the fuck out as soon as possible. 

In conclusion, just ignore them and keep going, DO NOT STOP.

@mind_blown Just manage the best you can and aim to move out from your family as soon as possible. You will not be able to self-actualized effectively if you are enmeshed in a regressive family situation. If you're a teen, it's okay. You can still do lots of inner work without making it known to people. But aim to move out and spread your wings.

Most families are pretty barbaric, regressive, and dysfunctional. So don't worry too much about it. As a teen your job is to manage the best you can given that situation until you're able to move out. You still have a 60 years of growth ahead of you. You are already ahead of the curve just by knowing about self-actualization and spirituality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Appreciate the advice Leo!

I am starting college soon and I'll be away from my family,in the meanwhile I'll just keep going slow.

@mind_blown I had quite a dysfunctional family life growing up. It was okay. It was a good challenging learning experience. As long as they don't beat or rape you, you'll be okay.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.